Why, eliminating its State Arts Commission in his proposed budget… and, at the same time, eliminating countless jobs and over a million dollars in matching grants from outside of his state.
This article on “Artless Sam” from HuffPo:
In my opinion, a state that can produce…and elect… a Sam Brownback desperately needs the intelligence and educational merits of more arts funding. What a terrible thing to bequeath to Kansas’ children. And this from a state that gave America Frederick Remington, Gordon Parks and Bruce Connor among many other well-known artists, photographers, writers and musicians.
- Kan. Gov. Brownback Calls For Abortion Restrictions (medicalnewstoday.com)
- Kan. Democratic Party Questions Brownbacks Character (blogs.wsj.com)
- Sarah Smarsh: Under Brownback, Kansas Will Be Only State Without Arts Commission (huffingtonpost.com)
- Kansas Gov. Brownback Wants Government Access to Women’s Private Medical Records (pinkbananaworld.com)
- Kan. Gov. Brownback promises to focus on ‘basics’ (sfgate.com)