At a news conference last nite, Murray thanked Dino Rossi and his family, saying he had been gracious in defeat. Murray said her priorities in a fourth term will include securing tax cuts for the middle class and helping the Boeing Co. win a lucrative Air Force refueling tanker contract:
“Now we have to get to work. I want to make sure Washington state has what it needs to get its economy back on its feet.”
The only state not finalized on the Senate is Alaska, but that will not help the Democrats. It will be a slap in the face to Sarah Palin if Murkowski‘s write-in campaign beats Tea Party candidate and Palin endorsee Joe Miller. It looks like that will happen by a large margin.
- Murray beats GOP’s Rossi in Wash. Senate race (msnbc.msn.com)
- Claudia Kauffman and Dino Rossi concede to Joe Fain and Patty Murray | Election Results (pnwlocalnews.com)
- Murray holds on to Dem Senate seat in Washington (cnn.com)
- Murray Wins (talkingpointsmemo.com)
- US Sen. Murray of Washington state wins 4th term (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
Joe Miller, who won the Republican nomination in Alaska with the support of Sarah Palin and the Tea Party, isn’t arrogant. Gee, no, not at all. That’s why he cut a bunch of Tweets from his Twitter account. Fortunately, The Mudflats, my favorite Alaskan site, saved a screen dump before he cut them:
So… he’s shopping for office furniture and looking for a House and the election hasn’t happened yet. And Lisa Murkowski has decided to run as a write in… so it’s a 3-way race. And I understand Alaskans don’t like arrogant politicians.
This is one to watch.
- Tea Party Casualty Lisa Murkowkski Wages Establishment Comeback (huffingtonpost.com)
- Tea Party Victim Wages an Establishment Comeback in 2010 Election (politics.usnews.com)
- New Murkowski Ad Takes Direct Aim At The Tea Party (outsidethebeltway.com)
- Following Palin to Kentucky (politicalwire.com)