And I must agree. Although I said back when Lieberman betrayed Democrats everywhere (first by running as an independent against his party after losing the State Primary, and second by campaigning for McCain against the Democratic nominee, Barack Obama, in the 2008 election) that I would ignore him in this blog, his announcement that he will not seek reelection is worth noting…if only to elicit public sentiment in favor of the decision. As you can see, I don’t really trust him to keep his word.
- NBC: Lieberman won’t run again in 2012 (msnbc.msn.com)
- Joe Lieberman will not seek Senate re-election in 2012 – The Guardian (news.google.com)
- Conn. Sen. Joe Lieberman to step down at end of term (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Lieberman will not run in 2012, adviser says – Washington Post (news.google.com)
- SHOCKER: Joe Lieberman Is Retiring (businessinsider.com)
- Joe Lieberman, Facing Crowded Field, May Resign (huffingtonpost.com)
- Joe Lieberman Retiring? (outsidethebeltway.com)
Hope Harry Reid has his act together and this goes through tout suite:
- Joe Lieberman: We’ve Got 60 Repeal Votes in The Bag, Yo (queerty.com)
- 13 Senate Democrats Express Confidence on Votes to Repeal ‘Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell’ (thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com)
- Karen Ocamb: White House, Democratic Senators Push for DADT Repeal This Year (huffingtonpost.com)
- Lame Duck Congress Could Still Repeal “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell” Policy (masonryan.wordpress.com)
- DADT Repeal Is Dead! DADT Repeal Is Going To Pass! The Sky Is Blue! Then It Turned Black! (queerty.com)
- Breaking Senator Harry Reid: Don’t Ask Don’t Tell ‘on the Floor after Thanksgiving’. (lezgetreal.com)
- Picking up GOP votes on DADT repeal? (washingtonmonthly.com)
Joe Lieberman has come out in favor of extending the tax cuts for the rich.
I thought John McCain was going to explode!
Al, you did a fine thing today. Holy Joe does not need to be glorified, extended or listened to a second longer than necessary.
“What I’m saying to the people of Connecticut, I can do more for you and your families, to get something done to make health care affordable, to get universal health insurance... I’ve been working on health insurance reform for more than a dozen years. I have offered a comprehensive program. Small business health insurance reform. Something I call MediKids to cover all the children in America on a sliding fee basis up to the age of 25. MediChoice, to allow anybody in our country to buy into a national health insurance pool like the health insurance that we federal employees and members of Congress have. Medical malpractice reform. It will cover 95% of those who are not covered now, and it will reduce the pressure on rising costs for all the millions of others who are covered.”
– Joe Lieberman, campaign promises, October 23, 2006.
It’s time for Harry Reid to take the lying little bastard’s committee chairmanship away. If he does filibuster the Health Care Bill he should be shunned by the whole Democratic Caucus. Frankly, the Repiglicans can have him.