Who says the elusive Bulger still has no influence in Boston?
U.S. Attorney Carmen Ortiz says prosecutors consider a later 1999 indictment charging Bulger with 19 murders the stronger case, since faces life in prison on those charges. Doesn’t he also face life if you add the other charges? Maybe several lives.
Why take a chance with a guy who already eluded them for 16 years?
- Whitey Bulger Mug Shot: Released, White (thehollywoodgossip.com)
- Strapped for cash, will Bulger divulge assets? (cbsnews.com)
- Bulger: The “Hannibal Lecter of South Boston” (cbsnews.com)
- The “Departed” Returns to Boston: A Sordid Tale of Mobster Whitey Bulger & the FBI (jonathanturley.org)
- FBI Arrests Boston Mob Boss James ‘Whitey’ Bulger in California (blippitt.com)
“They found him? Finally. I want my sister to come home.”
– Margaret McCusker, Catherine Greig’s sister, when told of Greig and Whitey Bulger‘s arrest.
McCusker lives in Whitey’s old stomping grounds of South Boston. I guess she doesn’t realize that her sister is implicated in one of the 19 murders as a co-defendent.
- Federal Agents Arrest Whitey Bulger In California (wzlx.radio.com)
- After 16 years on run, mob boss ‘Whitey’ Bulger caught (ctv.ca)
- BREAKING NEWS: San Monica, Los Angeles: Most Wanted Boston Fugitive James ‘Whitey’ Bulger Arrested By FBI (lostchildreninthewilderness.wordpress.com)
- FBI nabs ruthless Boston mob boss in California (thenewstribune.com)
- James “Whitey” Bulger: Timeline (cbsnews.com)
- Fugitive Boston Mob Kingpin And Brother of… Um, Longstanding Masschusetts President of the State Senate Whitey Bulger Arrested In… Santa Monica? (minx.cc)
- Ex-FBI agent: Bulger arrest “inevitable” (cbsnews.com)
It took 16 years with James “Whitey” Bulger on top of the FBI’s 10 Most Wanted list, but yesterday they grabbed the former gang leader, alleged murderer (wanted for 19 killings) and all-around bad Bostonian in Santa Monica, CA.
Bulger had a $2 Million reward on his head… the highest ever offered on an FBI wanted criminal. His girlfriend, Catherine Greig, also captured had a $100 Thousand reward attached to her.
At one time Bulger was an FBI informant and used that position as a means of actually committing robberies and murders and getting his competition out of the way. His brother, William “Billy” Bulger had been a well-known Boston politician and, later, the President of the University of Massachusetts, and admittedly withheld information on Whitey for years,
eventually costing him his job.
However, it was only recently after years of embarrassment with books and movies made about Whitey that the FBI actually stepped up it’s investigation. Recently they started focusing on Greig, a former Dental Hygienist known to frequent beauty parlors and plastic surgeons, as a means of capturing Whitey. Recently, in this context, the released a video in cities where Bulger had been spotted over the years:
There has been no mention of who, if anyone, received any of the awards for information leading to Bulger and Greig.
- Boston crime boss James ‘Whitey’ Bulger nabbed here * (laobserved.com)
- James “Whitey” Bulger busted in Santa Monica! Yep, one of the FBI’s MOST WANTED CROOKS OF ALL TIME IS CUFFED AND STUFFED! SURFS UP WHITEY! (economy4abc.blogspot.com)
- London: FBI TV Blitz Targets Partner Of Most Wanted Boston Gangster ‘Whitey Bulger’ (lostchildreninthewilderness.wordpress.com)
- FBI’s TV Advert For ‘Most Wanted’ Partner (news.sky.com)
- FBI to discuss new plan to catch James Bulger (boston.com)
- 6.21.2011 … summer solstice meant longest day trying to get my car to pass inspection … including going to dmv for a waiver when the computers were down … then having it pass on its own. (teaguenc.wordpress.com)