“That’s the way life works… He didn’t know he was running for president, so he told the truth. The literary agent wrote down what he said… He said he was born in Kenya and raised in Indonesia… Now they’re saying it was a mistake. Just like his Kenyan grandmother said he was born in Kenya, and she pointed down the road to the hospital, and after people started screaming at her she said, ‘Oh, I mean Hawaii.’ Give me a break.”
– Trump in an interview
Another name for Birther is Asshole.
- How Can Anyone Be A Birther? (personalliberty.com)
- Typos Tip Off a Birther Resurgence (theatlanticwire.com)
- Busting Another Birther Eruption (andrewsullivan.thedailybeast.com)
- Latest Birther Eruption Based On A Falsehood (alan.com)
- Obama’s former literary agency claimed he was born in Kenya (rawstory.com)
Looking at commuter problems in this country pale when we look elsewhere. This from All Hat, No Cattle (one of my all-time favorite blogs):
People ride on top of a commuter train in Jakarta, Indonesia, Tuesday, Jan. 17, 2012. Indonesia has gone to imaginative extremes to try to stop commuters from illegally riding the roofs of trains, hosing down the scofflaws with red paint, threatening them with dogs and appealing for help from religious leaders. Now the authorities have an intimidating and possibly even deadly new tactic: Suspending rows of grapefruit-sized concrete balls to rake over the top of trains as they pull out of stations, or when they go through rail crossings. Photo/Dita Alangkara
I won’t get into Huckabee‘s Kenya/Mau Mau comments on Obama, nor his “spokesman” stating that Huckabee “misspoke” (may be that was a “Misspokesman”) and really meant Indonesia (which had no Mau Maus)… you’ve heard enough of this on all the news networks and other blogs (if you haven’t you can check out Yahoo News).
What I am concerned with is such a statement coming from one of the Republicans who seemed to be somewhat more reasonable than the others.
If he was thinking about running for President, this wasn’t the smartest mess to get into. However, I don’t imagine that the Southern State Repubs will give a damn about this.
- Huckabee Still Not a Birther–But His Pants Are On Fire (swampland.blogs.time.com)
- Huckabee: Obama Grew Up in Kenya (newser.com)
- Huckabee backs away from birther claim, badly (americablog.com)
- Lawrence O’Donnell Tears Huckabee Apart For His ‘Obama Grew Up In Kenya’ Remark (mediaite.com)
- Huckabee: Obama grew up in Kenya; Update: Spokesman clarifies (hotair.com)
- Birther Huckabee?: Radio Talk Fans Obama Flames He Tamped Down on ‘GMA’ (blogs.abcnews.com)
Whooeee! This was on that Christian Network CNS News (they’ve come up before in this blog, and not in any complimentary terms):
I think the Democrats are actually worried he may go to Indonesia and bow to more Muslims. That’s sort of the concern that every time he seems to go to these other countries, he comes back or starts some sort of controversy that hits his popularity. I’m serious.
- Rick Santorum Calls Obama’s Abortion Stance ‘Remarkable For A Black Man’ (blogs.abcnews.com)
- The Republican primary race…. (tagg-lines.com)
- Rick Santorum Invokes Race In Attacking Obama On Abortion (VIDEO) (huffingtonpost.com)
- Rick Santorum: Obama’s Views on Abortion “Remarkable for a Black Man” (my.firedoglake.com)
- Bonus Quote of the Day (politicalwire.com)
- Santorum plays race card on Obama (politico.com)
- Rick Santorum for President? (simuleustisetpecator.wordpress.com)
- Santorum suggests black people can’t be pro-choice (washingtonmonthly.com)