In Tennessee, the Republican controlled legislature has introduced bills that discriminate against homosexuals, a bill that allows the teaching of creationism in science class (which has since become law), and bills that restrict abortion.
That, however, was not enough. Republicans are now going even further by introducing language in a sex education bill that would define kissing and holding hands as the gateways to sexual activity (the bill also says sex education teachers cannot discuss contraception.)
According to WMC-TV:
“Tennessee senators approved an update to the state’s abstinence-based sex education law that includes warnings against ‘gateway sexual activity.’ In a new family life instructions bill, holding hands and kissing could be considered gateways to sex.”
When the Beatles sing “I Wanna Hold Your Hand” they will be proposing illegal activity. When the Crystals sing “Then He Kissed Me” they are really singing “He initiated Sexual Activity.”
What on earth is wrong with these people… didn’t they learn ANYTHING from the Scopes Trial?
The president of Northwestern University said Thursday that he was “troubled and disappointed” by a psychology professor’s decision to present his students last week with a demonstration outside class that featured a couple engaging in a live sex act using a prop.
The demonstration had been arranged by J. Michael Bailey, whose Human Sexuality class has an enrollment of nearly 600. On Feb. 21, after concluding a lecture at a university auditorium about sexual arousal, Professor Bailey brought onto the stage a man whom he had invited to participate in a discussion of “kinky people,” according to an e-mail the professor later sent to his students that was reprinted by The Daily Northwestern.
Oooweee! The whole article is available in the Education section of the Times HERE. Checking out the coverage in the Daily Northwestern (click on the link in the quote), I find most of the student community supporting Bailey (who has taught a NU for two decades) and a certain number of outsiders who are offended by the whole thing.
- You: Extracurricular Sex Toy Lesson Draws Rebuke at Northwestern (nytimes.com)
- What They’re Doing With Their Time at Northwestern University (zwingliusredivivus.wordpress.com)
- College Prof Defends Sex Toy After-School Special (foxnews.com)
- Northwestern Univ. to investigate sex toy demo – CBS News (news.google.com)
- University president “troubled” by live sex demonstration (reuters.com)
- Northwestern University investigates professor over sexually explicit in-class presentation (educblog.wordpress.com)
- Faith Kroll and Fiancé Jim Marcus executed Live Sex Toy Demo at Northwestern University (genzpad.com)
- College Condemns Classroom Sex Show (online.wsj.com)