Christopher Hitchens, the polarizing author and essayist, died on Thursday night at M.D. Anderson Cancer Center in Houston due to complications of esophageal cancer. He was 62. I didn’t agree with everything he wrote about in his lifetime, but I admired his stand as an atheist in a world which places so much emphasis on religion.
I thought he was brilliant.
While I was looking through the web for things about Hitchens, I found this 45 minute or so video called Stephen Fry and Friends on the life, loves and hates of Christopher Hitchens. This is really a special piece, recorded shortly before his death, and says more than I can:
And I thought Rick Santorum was the Stupidest Governor in America.
Now I see it is a Republican disease that infects both of them.
- Holy crap, Texas, how can you stand your governor? (scienceblogs.com)
- An odd fact [Pharyngula] (scienceblogs.com)
- Brace yourselves, LA [Pharyngula] (scienceblogs.com)
- Texas: Our bold leader into the Future! (scienceblogs.com)
- Happy Creation Day! – PZ Myers – Pharyngula (richarddawkins.net)