Tomorrow and Sunday is the reenactment of the Battle of Antietam over the river from us in Sharpsburg. It is the 150th anniversary of the battle and this is drawing reenactors from all over the country, judging by the large amount of out-of-state license plates showing up here and over in Washington County.
Elly and I are going over to her friend Joan’s at some point to sit in front of her house on Main St. and watch the downtown activities.
Getting from our place to Hagerstown is going to be a mess tomorrow, since many of the main roads will be closed around the Battlefield National Park. Anyone trying to get from Shepherdstown to Hagerstown is advised to go a little out of your way and take Interstate 81.
- Park Service kicks off Antietam anniversary events (miamiherald.com)
- Park Service kicks off Antietam anniversary events (kansascity.com)
- Md. Scouts Sell Tickets For Antietam Re-Enactment (baltimore.cbslocal.com)
- Antietam battle so big, there are 2 re-enactments (ktvb.com)
- PA Civil War Road Show to make special appearance in Maryland (whptv.com)
- Antietam battle so big, there are 2 re-enactments (heraldonline.com)