His speech was fun, but not carried on all the networks… so here it is:
- Video: Kal Penn pokes fun at Clint Eastwood’s RNC speech (cbsnews.com)
- Kal Penn Speaks To Democrats Tonight (m.deadline.com)
- Kal Penn Cuts Up (news.yahoo.com)
- Actor Kal Penn Says His Buddy Kevin and His Boyfriend Are His Inspiration (advocate.com)
- Kal Penn – Kal Penn Leads Celebrity Political Panel At Democrat National Convention (contactmusic.com)
Kal Penn will be hosting live coverage of the convention on BarackObama.com.
Kal Penn and the First Lady rehearse for the convention. The First Lady speaks tonight.
- Harold and Kumar Help Obama Promo Democratic National Convention (mashable.com)
- First Lady arrives at Time Warner Cable Arena (charlotteobserver.com)
- TV/Film Actor Kal Penn To Host Democratic Convention’s Livestream Celebrity Special (deadline.com)
- When Michelle Met Kumar (buzzfeed.com)
- Michelle Obama Preps for Democratic National Convention (justjared.com)
- Kal Penn leads celebrity political panel at Democrat National Convention (hollywood.com)
Harold and I have been friends for over 50 years, now, and it’s that kind of friendship that goes on whether we see each other regularly or not. We can go several years without speaking with each other, then one of us will pick up the phone and it is like no time has passed. I’m sure everyone has at least one friend like that.
Harold and his wife Monica own a furniture store in Hyannis, MA (his big story is that he sold furniture to Teddy Kennedy). As young teens I spent half my Cape Cod summers over at Harold’s house where his parents treated me like another son. It was a great time.
Last year, however, Harold called me telling me he had cancer and was given about 18 months to live… meanwhile he was undergoing chemo and had lost weight (close to 100 lbs… and Harold started out as a chunky like me.)
Sunday, Harold called me to say he was 11 months into the chemo and was in partial remission. They were stopping the chemo because it was no longer working, but he was feeling pretty good. He’s pretty sure he’ll make it past the eighteen month point… I sure hope he does… and we had our regular phone call and discussion about families, basketball, the move Elly and I are making into “farming” (why does everyone say “Green Acres” to me when I talk about it?).
I don’t know what the situation will be the next time we talk, but I sure hope Harold continues to move ahead.