Posted by btchakir
Since I am trapped in my recliner with my broken bones, Elly has already gone without me over to the Shepherdstown Farmers Market to buy our weekly supply of organic vegetables and field-raised meats that show up there. We are fortunate in our geographic area to have several farmers markets… Saturday is the one at Morgan’s Grove and of course we also have them in Charles Town and Martinsburg and recently we saw signs for one one over in Hagerstown at the VFW Hall.
Our local farmers make a point of raising organic foods and for that we can be thankful. There are plenty of places in this country where organic foods are not available. Also, GMO foods are becoming more and more pervasive in our grocery stores. Thank you, Monsanto.
I hope you have great food available to you wherever you are. and I hope the organic food world expands everywhere. Support your farmers markets.
- Where To Find Organic Food Stores (answers.com)
- Top 10 Tips at the Organic Farmer’s Market (planetforward.ca)
- A Farmers Markets is a wealth of knowledge for Little Ones! (willybmum.com)
- 9 Farmers Markets Every Food Lover Should Visit (huffingtonpost.com)
- Cheaper Produce at the Farmers Market? It’s True (madeinusanews.com)
- Fab Finding Follow-Up: Farmer’s Market Fashion (fabsugar.com)
- What Are Common Organic Foods? (answers.com)