“I know there are some people who do a very good job acting and pretend they’re something they’re not. … You get what you see. I am who I am. I don’t think everybody likes me.”
Well, at least he knows.
Thanks to Dogs Against Romney
- Liberals rally around Politico reporter suspended for saying Romney is only relaxed with whites (twitchy.com)
- Paul Ryan Is a Romney Whisperer (theatlanticwire.com)
- Hee hee hee… Mitt Romney’s Joking Quote of the Day… (underthelobsterscope.wordpress.com)
- Politico reporter Dave Catanese explains Akin sort of has a point about rape and magic ladyparts (dailykos.com)
- Quote of the Day – a Republican evaluates the prospects of winning… (underthelobsterscope.wordpress.com)
He doesn’t seem to know much about the history of labor and the monthly creation of new jobs.
Obama just announced an increase in jobs by 115,000 in April. Romney’s comment:
“We should be seeing numbers in the 500,000 jobs per month,” Mitty said on “Fox & Friends.” “This is way, way, way off from what should happen in a normal recovery.”
It could be that Romney doesn’t know what a “normal recovery” has as monthly jobs growth. During George W. Bush‘s presidency, there was never a single month in which job growth topped 400,000, let alone 500,000, according to Bureau of Labor Statistics. Think Progress pointed out:
“there have only been 16 months since 1939” in which the economy added half a million jobs in one month.
Obama inherited a more severe recession than Bush (and, of course, he inherited it FROM Bush), which meant that he had a greater need for a quick and pronounced recovery. Also, as Bush was dealing with the bursting of the dot.com bubble, September 11th happened, further elongating the timeline for recovery.
And yet, by strictly numerical measures, Obama at this point is doing better than Bush… so somebody should point this out to “Mr. Business”.
In an attempt to disparage Planned Parenthood, one of the hosts of “Fox & Friends” suggested that women who need Pap smears and breast
In fact, Walgreens issued a statement clarifying that its stores do not, in fact, offer such services… but “Fox & Friends” hasn’t retracted the lie.
- Stephen Colbert Ridicules Fox and Friends For Promoting Pap Smears At Walgreen’s (mediaite.com)
- Wednesday Open Thread (jackandjillpolitics.com)
- Trust Your Twat to Walgreens (writechic.wordpress.com)
- Can You Get a Pap Smear at Walgreens? Flash Mob Wants to Find Out (newsfeed.time.com)
- what if walgreens DID do paps? (hahayourefunny.wordpress.com)
- “COMEUPPANCE: Stephen Colbertâ€™s Outrageous Tweets About Jon Kyl Are â€˜Not Intended To Be Factualâ€™” and related posts (phawker.com)
Gee… I sure would.
“The President took a matter of hours to pick a commander in Afghanistan so why is it taking months to plug the leaking oil?”
– Brian Kilmeade Fox and Friends
And these are the people who have the same responsibilities as a US President, no?