Remember Eric Hartsburg? He was paid $15,000 to get a five inch Romney campaign tattoo on his face. Hartsburg did it as an auction. His only requirement for bidding on the ‘ad space’ was that it could not be racist or offensive.
“I’m the guy who has egg all over his face, but instead of egg, it’s a big Romney/Ryan tattoo. It’s there for life.
“I’m hoping this opens some other doors in the entertainment business.”
Hmmm. Opening doors in the entertainment business? I was trying to think of a situation where that would be possible, outside of a film about Romney’s loss… not something I see much of a market for. Perhaps the logo could be sold to an auto manufacturer (Rolls Royce?) and Hartsman could become a car dealer’s mascot.
How much do you want to bet that Hartsman will be whining about the tattoo to his grandchildren.
- Man Who Tattooed Romney Logo Onto Forehead Speaks Out (huffingtonpost.com)
- Romney campaign’s lasting mark (politico.com)
- Indiana man stuck with Romney face tattoo (thegrio.com)
- From the Dept. of Regrettable Tattoos: The Romney Ryan Logo (towleroad.com)
- Fan Tattoos Romney Logo On His Face (mix1041.cbslocal.com)
- Man With Romney Tattoo on His Face is ‘Disappointed,’ Tries to Look on the Bright Side (nymag.com)
- Interview with a Man Who Got a Romney/Ryan Face Tattoo (slog.thestranger.com)
Tomorrow Elly and I board a train for Wisconsin to get to Buddy and Rachel’s wedding, and today is filling up with more and more things we gave to do in order to leave. Meanwhile, I’m adjusting to my current level of pain from the accident and hoping the next seven days will be possible to get through.
We have to go shopping, get our mail held (a trip to the post office), put the dogs in a kennel, start packing – which means getting my meds together, going over wedding clothes, setting up necessary things with friends and neighbors for things that have to be done while we are gone, etc. etc. stc,
I’m already tired just thinking about it.