This frightening piece from Cafe Mom. Why stories like this are popping up more frequently leads me to suspect religion even more…
This story almost sounds like a parody, like some twisted SNL skit, but unfortunately, it’s real. Around midnight last Sunday, some people were out in their yard, wrapping up a barbecue, when a 12-year-old boy came barrelling down the street, begging for help, saying that a man was chasing him. A few moments later, a man did, in fact, appear in his maroon underwear, no less, trying to get the boy to come back with him. Heather Rodriguez and her brother-in-law knew better than to hand over a scared, shaking boy to a suspicious man in his underwear, and decided to get the cops involved. It’s a good thing they did, too, because the “suspicious man” who was chasing the boy was a priest who had just allegedly sexually abused the pre-teen on an air mattress in his house.
- Near-naked priest chases 12-year-old boy (freethinker.co.uk)
- Priest in his underwear chased 12-year-old boy down neighborhood streets after the boy ran from abuse (dvorak.org)
- Speedo Wearing Priest Seen Chasing Boy Down Street After Alleged Molestation (dreamindemon.com)
- OREGON: Catholic Priest In His Underwear Chases Boy Down Street After Abuse (joemygod.blogspot.com)
- Boy told sister: “Father Angel touched me in my privates,” court affidavit said (oregonlive.com)
- Police: Boy says Woodburn priest fondled him, took pics (kgw.com)
- Collared: “Father Angel” Arrested After Reportedly Chasing A 12-Year-Old Boy Down Street In His Underwear (jonathanturley.org)
A little bit of this, a little bit of that… more than I can get around to. Click on the authors’ links to read their whole posts
Rhode Island House Republican Leader Robert Watson is the latest living example of the Republican difficulty with practicing what they preach. Watson is fervently anti-Marijuana, but last Friday night he was pulled over and arrested for DUI and marijuana possession.
According to The Providence-Journal, “After handcuffing Watson and placing him under arrest, the arresting police officer said he found “a small plastic sandwich bag containing a green leafy plant-like substance and a small wooden marijuana smoking pipe” in Watson’s right pants pocket.”
– from Politicus USA
– and –
Only older people are sicker and more expensive to cover and Ryan doesn’t provide the funds for seniors to buy care. Beside that they’re identical.
– and –
The wage squeeze is putting most households in a double bind. Before the recession, they’d been able to pay the bills because they had two paychecks. Now, they’re likely to have one-and-a half, or just one, and it’s shrinking.