How in hell does someone who is a proven “unmitigated disaster,” after thousands of Iraq deaths and tens of thousands of military injuries and more in his quiver of anti-American arrows, get away with public denunciation of a positive President.
Give me a break.
Dick Cheney's home state Wyoming House advances doomsday bill (Wyoming Trib.com)
CHEYENNE — State representatives on Friday advanced legislation to launch a study into what Wyoming should do in the event of a complete economic or political collapse in the United States. House Bill 85 passed on first reading by a voice vote. It would create a state-run government continuity task force, which would study and prepare Wyoming for potential catastrophes, from disruptions in food and energy supplies to a complete meltdown of the federal government. The task force would look at the feasibility of Wyoming issuing its own alternative currency, if needed. And House members approved an amendment Friday by state Rep. Kermit Brown, R-Laramie, to have the task force also examine conditions under which Wyoming would need to implement its own military draft, raise a standing army, and acquire strike aircraft and an aircraft carrier.
What in Hell would Wyoming do with an aircraft carrier?
- The Cheyenne Army (reason.com)
- Wyoming Considering So-Called “Doomsday Bill” (izabael.com)
- Wyoming Legislator Wants State To Plan For Collapse Of United States (outsidethebeltway.com)
- Wyoming House advances doomsday bill (tribuneofthepeople.com)
- Wyoming Begins Preparation For Doomsday Scenarios (economicnoise.com)
- Wyoming Wants Their Own Currency, a Draft, and a Freaking Aircraft Carrier In case of Doomsday [Dumb] (gizmodo.com)
CREDO put up a petition last night. I hope you will read it, then go there and sign…
Subject: Tell your Senator: Stop dangerous Fracking
Did you know that oil and gas companies are allowed to inject unchecked quantities of a secret, toxic fluid, directly into or drinking water – and that the EPA is currently powerless to do anything about it?
It’s already responsible for poisoning the groundwater in states across the country, but thanks to the work of Dick Cheney the EPA can’t currently regulate Fracking.
I just signed a petition asking my Senator to co-sponsor the FRAC Act, which would allow the EPA to regulate Fracking. Please add your voice and help build the call to pass this vital bill to protect our drinking water:
It only takes a minute… so please let the Congres know your feelingd.
- Stop Fracking Now (ynative77.wordpress.com)
- Gas Industry Working Overtime to Smother Revived FRAC Act Efforts To Rein In Hydraulic Fracturing (desmogblog.com)
- Former Bush EPA Official Confirms 2004 EPA Fracking Study Was Misused (desmogblog.com)
- U.K. Company Suspends Controversial Drilling Procedure (nytimes.com)
- “Fracking” the cause of two minor quakes? (cbsnews.com)
- Fracking: The Music Video (propublica.org)
- “Colin Powell gets punked by the CIA” and related posts (bayareahouston.blogspot.com)
- Powell: CIA should answer on WMD (politico.com)
- Conscience catches up with Colin Powell (nowpublic.com)
- Colin Powell demands answers over ‘Curveball’ (telegraph.co.uk)
- Angry Colin Powell wants answers on Iraq WMD lies (capitolhillblue.com)
If you can get HBO, then you have to see Gasland, a documentary film by Josh Fox about the natural gas industry and especially how “frac” mining in porous shale with highly toxic chemicals is polluting the water supply (air supply, too) in many places around the country. If you can’t get HBO, go to the Gasland web site at http://gaslandthemovie.com and get the information… and write your congressfolk after you do.
Elly and I got very upset watching the movie as most of West Virginia is built on the Marcellus Shale, one of the prime areas where Fracing is making the water undrinkable (and flammable). Shepherdstown is slightly removed from the area, but shale is porous and this could spread from New York state into the south with us in the middle.
The film goes into related natural gas drilling problems in Texas, the far west, the mid west and other areas… so much of the US is affected that it is amazing this is the first time a film like this has been made.
New York State is working on an anti-fracing measure and it is hoped that Charles Shumer is going to bring it national. Like the oil industry, however, there are a handful of high-paid lobbyists for each and every lawmaker and the industry has extreme power (and tight relations, it appears, with Dick Cheney.)
Anyway… I’ll get more out on this later. What we needed was one more miserable issue to get into… but this one hits me at home.
Found it on All Hat No Cattle:
“But according to a newly released memo from the CIA, they used horrible torture techniques on prisoners. Dick Cheney claimed that it wasn’t torture. Enhanced interrogation techniques, that’s what he called it, enhanced interrogation technique. And he didn’t shoot that guy in the face. No, no, that was enhanced quail hunting.”
Needs no further comment. 🙂
“I think the interrogations were in violation of the Geneva Convention against torture that we ratified under President Reagan. I think that these interrogations, once publicized, helped al Qaeda recruit.”
– Sen. John McCain (R-AZ), in an interview on Face the Nation, on the Bush administration’s interrogation methods.
Looks like McCain and Cheney are not in the same Party.
– Andrew Sullivan in The Atlantic.