From yesterday’s Herald-Mail:
Solar-generating facility to be built near prisons
HAGERSTOWN — The largest solar-generating facility in Maryland, capable of powering more than 2,000 homes at peak output, is scheduled to open next year on 250 acres of state-owned land near the Maryland Correctional Institution-Hagerstown and the Maryland Correctional Training Center. Maryland Solar LLC of Annapolis announced plans Friday to build the $70 million, 20-megawatt solar facility — a plant that company officials said will be one of the largest on the East Coast and will double the state’s current solar-generation capacity.
Maryland Solar is in discussions with the state Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services about the possibility using prerelease inmates to perform routine maintenance such as landscaping and panel cleaning, a company news release said.
- Maryland is “Southron”, ya’ll… and therefore, Confederate!(???) (cenantua.wordpress.com)
- More Data Centers Using On-Site Solar Power (hardware.slashdot.org)
- Italian ministers reach deal on solar incentives (ecomagnificent.com)
- U.S. solar grew sharply in 2010, still lags Europe (reuters.com)
- Boeing’s South Carolina plant: Solar powered (bizjournals.com)
Are there any politicians who don’t lie about their history? This is another big one from Hysterical Raisins: