Well, if the proposed new amendment to the Health care Plan which has raised such an issue with both the Tea Party and the Catholic Bishops (both of which are groups who claim rights over your health) goes through that’s just what you’ll have.
The amendment is sponsored by Senator Roy Blunt (R-MO) and it is the death panel Sarah Palin preached about during the healthcare reform debate, and the ultimate loss of freedom (life) at the hands of Republicans. It is also how theocracy begins. The measure allows insurers or employers to claim moral or religious objection to covering
“HIV/AIDS screenings, Type 2 Diabetes treatments, cancer tests or anything else they deem inappropriate or the result of an ‘unhealthy‘ or ‘immoral‘ lifestyle. Similarly, a health plan could refuse to cover mental health care on the grounds that the plan believes that psychiatric problems should be treated with prayer.”
The measure serves two purposes. It allows religious extremists to control healthcare decisions for all Americans, and undermines the new health law.
I’ve learned two things from this:
1. Because of my “immoral” lifestyle I have type 2 diabetes and doctors are going to give up the thousands of dollars they make from me and my insurance companies by banning treatment.
2. Newt, Mitt and Rick won’t get their needed mental health care, but can get together and pray their crazy ideas away.
I’m curious which totally healthy religious folks will be on the Death Panel. Certainly they are planning for an Atheist representative.
Oh, well… what did you expect?
- Santorum: Romney and Obama Both Created ‘Death Panels’ (crooksandliars.com)
- Limbaugh appears to agree with caller that health care reform is a “kinder, gentler Auschwitz” (americablog.com)
- Santorum Longs For Good Old Days Of ‘Shadow Abortions’ When Women Obtained Back-Alley Procedures (thinkprogress.org)
- Republicans Want to Put Your Boss Between You and Your Doctor (alternet.org)
- GOP Sen. Roy Blunt to introduce bill allowing employers to deny coverage for any health service (dailykos.com)
- Paul Krugman: “Death Panels” and taxes will fix the debt crisis…” (sensibleviews.wordpress.com)
- Democratic Women Slam GOP’s Radical Contraception Amendment, Claim It ‘Opens Door To Discrimination’ (thinkprogress.org)
- Create Your Own “Death Panel” (forbes.com)
“I’m the death-panel-supporting, socialist, may-not-have-been-born-here president.”
The President was quoted by the Los Angeles Times, showing little sympathy to Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI) who accused him of “mis-describing” the House GOP Medicare plan. (Thanks to Taegan Goddard’s Political Wire.)
- Late Returns: Wacky Pataki (huffingtonpost.com)
- CNN Poll: Ryan Plan Opposed by Majority of Americans (themoderatevoice.com)
- Medicare Cuts: What’s Real, What’s Kabuki? (firedoglake.com)
- IPAB – The Obama Death Panel (bellalu0.wordpress.com)
- Republicans Disrespect Obama on Debt Ceiling (usnews.com)
- GOP prods Obama on cuts – The Detroit News (news.google.com)