Now it looks like the 2 New York Senators are going to try to put this bill through again, somewhat cut down. Will the Republicans hold it up again with a filibuster? Remember that the House already approved this with a 100 vote plurality. Blocking it has been merely a political gambit.
We’ll have to see if it gets through before Christmas. It SHOULD if there are any morals left in Congress.
- Fox legal analyst doesn’t mention Republicans voted against 9/11 health bill (crooksandliars.com)
- Memo To Fox News: Support The 9-11 First Responders (blogs.forbes.com)
- “America Held Hostage: 9/11 first responders bill can pass, but only if corps can offshore jobs” and related posts (reidreport.com)
- Some Republicans to support 9/11 Health Bill? (crooksandliars.com)
- ‘Daily Show’ Does Journalism Again: Shames GOP, Fox ‘News’, Network News Over 9/11 Legislation (bradblog.com)
- Will FOX News give Jon Stewart his own show? (maureenholland.wordpress.com)
- Report: Momentum Building For Lame-Duck Session Passing Of 9/11 First Responders Bill (mediaite.com)
- Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand: Momentum Building Toward A Christmas Miracle For Our 9/11 Heroes (huffingtonpost.com)