Raw Story ran this from Helen Wheels:
Everyone should copy & paste this for safekeeping and for sticking in lying sack of shit baggerfascists’ faces whenever necessary. I, with the help of other commenters up here, have kept a running tab of the GOP War on Women:
– Every GOP member vote FOR Anti-Safe Abortion Legislation
– Every GOP member vote FOR Blunt/Rubio Anti-Women’s Equal Health
Coverage Amendment. While Blunt/Rubio Amendment does not allow employer
to deny men employee health coverage for Vasectomy, the Blunt/Rubio
Amendment allows Employer to deny female employees & female
dependents: contraception, tubes tied, and hysterectomies.
– GOP Redefine Rape
– GOP write legislation to probe metal prongs up a woman’s vagina
– GOP change legal term for victims of rape, stalking, and domestic violence
– GOP write legislation that could make it legal to murder a doctor who provides
abortion care. (South Dakota GOP)
– GOP write legislation to cut nearly a billion dollars of aid to low-income
pregnant women, mothers, babies, and kids.
– GOP write legislation that would let hospitals allow a woman to die
rather than perform an abortion necessary to save her life.
– GOP write law cutting ALL funding for low-income kids saying “Women
should really be home with the kids, not out working (Maryland)
– GOP Cut Funding for Head Start, by $1 Billion.
– Two-thirds of the elderly poor are women: GOP write Bill to CUT
funding for employment services, meals, and housing for senior citizens.
– GOP Candidates for President vow and pledge to Cut Funding for Planned
– GOP voted for a Amendment to cut all federal funding from Planned Parenthood
– GOP write Bill to eliminate all funds for Federal Family Planning Program.
– GOP Jan Brewer (R- AZ) Republican Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer on Thursday
signed one of the most controversial and restrictive abortion bans in the
country, which experts say effectively bans abortions after 18 weeks and
declares that a woman could be pregnant 2 weeks before she even had sex.
States passed 83 laws restricting access to abortion, nearly four times the
23 laws passed in 2010. A lot of that had to do with the 2010 elections, which
ushered in a wave of Republican legislators and governors. This year, the
number of states with fully anti-abortion governments — in which both the
governor and the legislature oppose abortion rights — increased from
10 to 15.
Got it? Pass it around… post it on your blogs…print it out and pin it to bulletin boards everywhere.
This from MoveOn.org:
1) Republicans not only want to reduce women’s access to abortion care, they’re actually trying to redefine rape. After a major backlash, they promised to stop. But they haven’t.
2) A state legislator in Georgia wants to change the legal term for victims of rape, stalking, and domestic violence to “accuser.” But victims of other less gendered crimes, like burglary, would remain “victims.”
3) In South Dakota, Republicans proposed a bill that could make it legal to murder a doctor who provides abortion care. (Yep, for real.)
5) In Congress, Republicans have proposed a bill that would let hospitals allow a woman to die rather than perform an abortion necessary to save her life.
6) Maryland Republicans ended all county money for a low-income kids’ preschool program. Why? No need, they said. Women should really be home with the kids, not out working.
7) And at the federal level, Republicans want to cut that same program, Head Start, by $1 billion. That means over 200,000 kids could lose their spots in preschool.
8 ) Two-thirds of the elderly poor are women, and Republicans are taking aim at them too. A spending bill would cut funding for employment services, meals, and housing for senior citizens.
9) Congress voted yesterday on a Republican amendment to cut all federal funding from Planned Parenthood health centers, one of the most trusted providers of basic health care and family planning in our country.
10) And if that wasn’t enough, Republicans are pushing to eliminate all funds for the only federal family planning program. (For humans. But Republican Dan Burton has a bill to provide contraception for wild horses. You can’t make this stuff up).
Doesn’t that make your day?… and you women who voted Republican: How do you feel about it now?
- Top 10 Republican Attacks on Women (feministphilosophers.wordpress.com)
- The House has voted to bar Planned Parenthood. Don’t let them get away with it. (underthelobsterscope.wordpress.com)
- How Stupid Do Republicans Think Women Are? (lezgetreal.com)
- House Republicans: Contraception OK for horses, not women (dailykos.com)