Seventy years ago the United States was attacked by the Japanese and we were plunged into what became World War II…and we stayed in some form of military activity for decades thereafter. Korea, Cuba, Viet Nam, Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan… even times of peace have been warlike.
However, Pearl Harbor Day makes us realize that we were vulnerable to someone else’s plans (as did 9/11) and we became a defensive nation as a result.
- Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day (thepaolite.wordpress.com)
- Looking Back on the 70th Anniversary of Pearl Harbor Day (geardiary.com)
- Pearl Harbor Day 2011: three enduring mysteries – Christian Science Monitor (csmonitor.com)
- Pearl Harbor Day: Attack forced U.S. into world events (pennlive.com)
“And the question was asked, should we normalize trading with Cuba? Why would you normalize trading with a country that sponsors terror? Cuba — there’s reports that have come out that Cuba has been working with another terrorist organization called Hezbollah. And Hezbollah is potentially looking at wanting to be part of missile sites in Iran.
“And, of course, when you’re 90 miles offshore from Florida, you don’t want to entertain the prospect of hosting bases or sites where Hezbollah could have training camps or perhaps have missile sites or weapons sites in Cuba. This would be foolish.”
– Michelle Bachmann
Yeah, she really said it. Listen here:
Apparently, according to Think Progress, she got this notion from an article in an Italian Paper saying that Hezbollah was setting up an office in Havana.The next thing you know she’ll be telling us that Cuba is now operating under Sharia Law.
- Bachmann Warns of Hezbollah Training Camps, Weapons in Cuba – Wall Street Journal (blogs.wsj.com)
- Bachmann Warns of Hezbollah ‘Missile Sites’ in Cuba (crooksandliars.com)
- HEZBOLLAH setting up shop in Cuba to reach Israeli targets in South America (barenakedislam.wordpress.com)
- “We should never have flights between the United States and Cuba, they are a state sponsor of terror.” (shortformblog.tumblr.com)