Who says the elusive Bulger still has no influence in Boston?
U.S. Attorney Carmen Ortiz says prosecutors consider a later 1999 indictment charging Bulger with 19 murders the stronger case, since faces life in prison on those charges. Doesn’t he also face life if you add the other charges? Maybe several lives.
Why take a chance with a guy who already eluded them for 16 years?
- Whitey Bulger Mug Shot: Released, White (thehollywoodgossip.com)
- Strapped for cash, will Bulger divulge assets? (cbsnews.com)
- Bulger: The “Hannibal Lecter of South Boston” (cbsnews.com)
- The “Departed” Returns to Boston: A Sordid Tale of Mobster Whitey Bulger & the FBI (jonathanturley.org)
- FBI Arrests Boston Mob Boss James ‘Whitey’ Bulger in California (blippitt.com)