NOTE: If you are a Bones fan who missed last nignt’s show, The Hole In The Heart, but are planning to see it next week on the TNT rerun, I suggest you skip over this post or it will blow the show’s surprise to smithereens…
OK? Everybody else read on…
I spent the day today (wow, Friday the 13th, too) still very sad about last night’s episode of Bones. You may recall that Booth‘s ongoing enemy, Broadsky, with whom he had once served as a military sniper, has been continuing to assassinate the people he determines to be “bad”… without a trial or anything. Since Booth had pledged to stop him, Booth and all his friends were now on Broadsky’s enemy list.
The producers of the show put out hints a couple of weeks ago that a regular character, one that we were all very fond of, was going to die in this episode. Rumors were circulated that it was likely to be Sweets, the young psychiatrist who spent a great deal of time analyzing the relationship between Booth and Brennen.
Imagine how I felt (how everyone felt) when Vincent Nigel-Murray (more formally referred to as “Mr. Nigel-Murray” by one and all) was shot in the heart while inside the Jeffersonian with Cam, Booth and Bones. Mr. Nigel-Murray, with his statistics and facts that he spewed out as a nervous reaction to the things he was investigating, was my favorite of the Interns who worked with the investigative team. To think he won’t be on every third episode or thereabouts is depressing.
They are saying that the surprise of next week’s show is going to be even
Now I have to worry about House.
- ‘Bones’ Season 6, Episode 22 Recap (tvsquad.com)
- ‘Bones’ Fan Columnist: Booth vs. Broadsky (buddytv.com)
- ‘Bones’ Fan Columnist: The Final Showdown (buddytv.com)
- BONES – Season 6 Finale (kititatzki.wordpress.com)
- ‘Bones’ Season 6, Episode 15 Recap (tvsquad.com)
- The ‘Bones’ Sniper: Who Is the Target? (buddytv.com)
I just read a great article called “The Dead Chipmunk – An Interrogation Into the Mechanisms of Jokes” by Chris Bachelder in the February issue of The Believer. It is too long to reproduce here… but you should go to THE BELIEVER and read it, especially if you are into the creation of funny stuff.
- Donald Barthelme’s Reading List (themillions.com)
- 20110214-Humor Me (thebloggingpath.com)
- Some notes on “One Sentence Says It All” (thedizzies.blogspot.com)
- A Day In The Life Of A Coder [Humor] (gizmodo.com)
- Potty humor: Google TISP service (beta) (sunbeltblog.blogspot.com)
Yes, it is a lecture… but it is entertaining and you will learn from it (especially if you are a writer, designer or any kind of creative person.)
(thanks to the StevenHartSite for putting me onto this.)
- Laughed into bed by John Cleese? (mirror.co.uk)
- Happy Birthday, John Cleese! (wired.com)
- ‘Stupid’ John Cleese is warned by Terry Gilliam not to marry divorcee Jennifer Wade (telegraph.co.uk)
- What Are The Chances Of A Fable Movie? [Tokyo Game Show 2010] (kotaku.com)
Tired of hearing our Health Care laws decried as “Obamacare” and criticized without fact or reason? Somebody has to show how the Republicans do it… and Jack Black is the one:
Here’s Part 1:
Here’s Part 2:
…and if you want to know more, go to http://www.stopspewman.com.
A project by Health Care for America Now
Starring: Jack Black, America Ferrera and Caitlin Carmichael
Project Founder: Gloria Bremer
Directed by Jeremy Konner
Executive Producers: Gloria Bremer and Health Care for America Now
Produced by Andrew Epstein & Barrett J. Klausman
Co-Executive Producer: Diane Keefe
Co-Producers– Sarah May Bates, JD Ryznar, Drew Hancock
Edited by Tim Nackashi and Jeremy Konner
Casting by Leslie Woo
Special Thanks to Michael Bacall, Ben Cooley, James Atkinson, Peter Karinen,
Brian Sacca and Simon Helberg
Jack Black – Nathan Spewman
America Ferrera – Childrens Teacher
Caitlin Carmichael – Bethany
Connor Gibbs – Mark/Marty
Kristen Sartisian – Drawing Girl
Ann Caimi – Playground Teacher
Keith Jackson – Fireman
Barrett J. Klausman – Fireman
Kyle Templin – Billionaire
Coco Grayson -Kid
Asher Nee- Kid
- Hilarious Jack Black Informing The Way Politicians Do (man-over-board.com)
- Jack Black Is Nathan Spewman: ‘The Mis-informant’ (VIDEO) (huffingtonpost.com)
- Jack Black and America Ferrera Mock Those Opposed to ObamaCare in New Ad (foxnews.com)
- Ethan Rome: Jack Black, America Ferrera Use Comedy to Help HCAN Unmask ‘Liars for Hire’ (huffingtonpost.com)
This Week in Blackness, from the Brooklyn Comedy Company, takes on the word “Negro”.
… you missed a comic masterpiece.
Go HERE to see it. Thank me later.
Just because it makes me laugh my head off, I’ve added Sam Hoffman’s brilliant site Old Jews Telling Jokes under the new category “strictly for entertainment.”
This is the Second Season and it will have you rolling on the floor whether you’re Jewish or not (I’m not… but my wife is).
Have a good time.