We arrived an hour and a half early leaving time for my wife, daughter and me to have lunch and discuss this afternoon’s tests and what we are required to bring with us. I’ll do a blood test just before we go over and see if I need any insulin before the tests.
I’d like to thank all of you e-mailers and commentators and friends for contacting me and wishing me well and praying for me (can you believe it, an old, publicly avowed atheist like me?). I probably won’t be back to this until much later tonite or tomorrow morning, my last day at home this week. I’ll be back with a report on what’s going on.
Meanwhile, General Petraeus may be off the news and we can get back on to the economy.
- Expert: Petraeus Scandal Revelations ‘Damaging Politically’ to the FBI (voicerussia.com)
- Bono To Deliver Keynote Address on Social Movement at Georgetown Monday (washington.cbslocal.com)
Elly’s job at Hagerstown Community College is off for two days as HCC has announced closing due to the approach of Sandy.
The rain has already started here this morning and we are soon expecting the wind.
Hope you are all keeping an eye out if you are in the storm track and please take care of yourselves. here’s a chance that we’ll lose power and the blog will be down, but as long as I can I’ll keep it up.
- Storm Warning: Morning Update On Hurricane Sandy (northeasternnjwx.wordpress.com)
- Hurricane Sandy Update: Ginger Zee Talks Seriousness Of Storm (923now.cbslocal.com)
- Latest Sandy Information Shows Brunt Of Storm On Monday And Tuesday (philadelphia.cbslocal.com)
Elly and I are heading off the Washington DC this morning, first to have lunch with our son, Bud, at Chef Geoff’s, then to see him make a presentation at American University where he is a graduate student.
I probably won’t be back to the blog until quite late, but I’ll bring my laptop with me in case I find a WiFi area to check in from.
- American University Students Celebrate (auambassadors.wordpress.com)