… or this – an overview of the Republicans’ desires in the coming election:
… or this – which I dedicate to my doggie boys, Byron and Nestle:
There… glad to get these out of my “hold on to” file.
In an interview on ABC Television today, President Obama has announced his personal support for same sex marriage and civil unions, something that Mitt Romney has forcefully come out against. This has been done with great political risk: Republicans will try to use this as a wedge with religious African Americans and with uneducated white voters.
This, however, stands against 30 states that have banned same sex marriage (and most of whom have banned civil unions), most recently yesterdays vote in North Carolina.
How Obama uses this position which will undoubtedly bring the worst aspects of the Republicans out of the…hmmm…closet. Romney, who lost an important staff member last week BECAUSE HE WAS GAY, has already knuckled into a minority interest in his Party.
There is so much religion involved in this issue that it makes my head swim.
- Obama’s views on gay marriage have been ‘evolving’ for a while (theblaze.com)
- North Carolina vote shows gay marriage still divisive (tbo.com)
- North Carolina’s religious base slows rate of same-sex marriage approval (guardian.co.uk)
- Time for Obama to Support Same-Sex Marriage (redstateprogressive.com)
- North Carolina approves constitutional ban on same-sex marriage (bangordailynews.com)
- Colorado civil unions at an impasse (politico.com)
- In Bizarre Session, Colo. House Kills Civil Unions Bill (newser.com)