Here is why we have to keep Romney and his buddies away from controlling America:
So liberals are Nazis and are going to gas Christians like Nazis did Jews in WWII era. Also, I don’t think Christians in America are a minority… hopefully only the ones who share Pat Robertson‘s obscene attack. And Robertson sees Romney as his buddy.
- Romney campaigner Pat Robertson tells man to beat his wife (americablog.com)
- Pat Robertson to humiliated hubby: ‘Well, you could become a Muslim and you could beat her’ (rawstory.com)
- Jews Must Be Converted | American Right Wing Nuts’ Hates Fest (theageofblasphemy.wordpress.com)
- FRCWC Says Shame on You Pat Robertson (peacemattershere.wordpress.com)
- Mitt Romney’s new economic message: Keep the word ‘God’ on coins (dailykos.com)
- Romney/Ryan 2012: Pallin’ around with terrorists (dailykos.com)
Cassy Zobel, a 34 year-old, white democrat who lives in Mckinney Texas, had a rude awakening Friday morning. Her neighbor rang her doorbell to alert her to the vandalism and blatant racism on her property.
Zobel found that someone had covered her Obama/Biden sign, displayed in her yard, with offensive graffiti on both front and back.
I find it interesting that our little suburban city was just named the 2nd best place to live in America. I suppose there should have been a caveat. “Best Place to Live If You’re A Bigoted White, Christian, Anti-Gay Person Who Doesn’t Support Our First African-American President And Hates Everyone Who Does”. That was probably too long a title, though.
– Cassy Zobel
One day we may become a country for everyone.
- Romney supporter in Texas defaces yard sign: ‘N*gger lover… Obama sucks d*ck’ (rawstory.com)
- President Obama Related To First African-American Slave? (mymajicdc.com)
- Race, Obama and the GOP (newsobserver.com)
As a “Kind Atheist” being preferred by any God is a gift I do not require, nor would I open it if received.
However, “Hateful Christians” are in the same category to me as “Hateful Muslims” or “Hateful Jews” or even “Hateful Atheists.” Being hateful is one of the reasons this whole world has been steadily going to pot.
- Atheists: The God Haters! (firstcapricorn.wordpress.com)
- Do Christians believe in atheists? UBC study finds believers distrust atheists as much as rapists (ahmadiyyamuslimtimes.wordpress.com)
- Exactly (doubleplusundead.com)
- Top Ten Benfits of Being an Atheist (uglicoyote.wordpress.com)
- Passover and Easter: Great fun for atheists (dangeroustalk.net)
Actual photo, from the Rose City Park United Methodist Church, in Portland, Oregon.
The sign got a mention in Larry Bingham’s column in The Oregonian, and he says it’s making more headlines.
The Rose City Park United Methodist Church minister’s recent sign, which says “God Prefers Kind Atheists over Hateful Christians” is making headlines all over the place.
My colleague, Religion Writer Nancy Haught, cites it in her story on the shifting terminology between “religion” and “Christian.” And The Christian Post also has a story.
Tip of the old scrub brush to Kathy Paxton-Williams.
Do you think Barack Obama was born in the United States, or not?
Was born in U.S.: 36
Not born in U.S.: 36
Not sure: 28
Do you believe in evolution, or not?
Believe in evolution: 41
Do not: 43
Not sure: 16
These folks who are “not sure” are a curious bunch…especially on Obama facts, a politician associated with Illinois for years.
There’s more at care2.com:
- Arizona: America’s Top Producer of Stupid (redquixote.wordpress.com)
- Arizona GOP to Obama: Show Us Your Circumcision Certificate (alternet.org)
- Arizona Passes Birther Bill (themoderatevoice.com)
- Ariz. lawmakers OK ‘birther’ bill – USA Today (news.google.com)
DeMint and Kyl are also the primary authors of my favorite new political argument of 2010: That holding votes near Christmas is insulting to the Baby Jesus. It’s “sacrilegious,” according to DeMint, to vote on things right before Christmas. Kyl made the interesting point that it’s insulting to Christians to go to work between Christmas and New Year‘s, a week during which most of the remaining Americans with full-time jobs are indeed expected to make an appearance at the office.
As far as I’m concerned, they can stay in session until the day the new Congress takes over in January.
- Kyl and DeMint Think Baby Jesus Doesn’t Want Them To Vote On START During Christmas (crooksandliars.com)
- I Don’t Think that Means What You Think it Means (DeMint, Sacrilege and Delays) (outsidethebeltway.com)
- What Jim DeMint considers ‘sacrilegious’ (washingtonmonthly.com)
- DeMint, Kyl and McConnell fight the War on Christmas (dailykos.com)
- Reid to DeMint and Kyl: Stop whining about having to work over the holidays (hotair.com)
- DeMint calls votes before Christmas ‘sacrilegious’ (politico.com)
- Sen. Reid: “I Don’t Need To Hear Sanctimonious Lectures” From GOP On The Meaning Of Christmas (mediaite.com)
Evidence has recently surfaced that this unduly harsh, anti-gay bill may have some roots in America, particularly in the fundamentalist Christian community. Mr. Museveni, a key African ally to these fundamentalist interests, has previously said that homosexuality is a European corruption of Africa. While the three-term Ugandan president seems to have had a change of heart, it likely has more to do with money than an actual moral epiphany. But that’s politics.
This “change of heart”, however seems to mean only that the death penalty may be removed. The proposed law is not going away.