…as I heard while listening to Congressman Anthony Weiner on Chris Matthews a few minutes ago. For some reason, Chris Matthews is pushing the idea that Nancy wants the leadership so that Steny Hoyer can’t get it. What?
The reason why Republicans are working to have Nancy Pelosi de-powered is because they are AFRAID of her.
And well they should be. She has a major support base, she gets things done, and she will prevent Republicans now in the majority from getting things they want through. She is smart, has been Minority Leader before, and she knows all the tricks. The sweating and crying John Boehner must be sweating and crying even more.
- Pelosi: Dems will work with new GOP majority when possible (thehill.com)
- Awkward: Steny Hoyer chooses to fight James Clyburn for his job (shortformblog.com)
- Midterms 2010: Nancy Pelosi announces she will run for minority leader (telegraph.co.uk)
- Hoyer vs Clyburn for #2 spot in House Democratic caucus (hotair.com)
- Franken Unplugged (talkingpointsmemo.com)
- Franken stumps in Delaware for Chris Coons (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- University of Minnesota Press Launches Newest Book – This Is Not Florida: How Al Franken Won the Minnesota Senate Recount (eon.businesswire.com)
- Al Franken presents the “ditch” speech (salon.com)