TPM has posted a 100 second summary of last night’s DNC. I love these things:
- No balloons to close Democratic convention (politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com)
- Democratic Convention Opens With Pitch to Middle Class – NYTimes.com (policyabcs.wordpress.com)
- Conventions on; funding a mystery (charlotteobserver.com)
His speech was fun, but not carried on all the networks… so here it is:
- Video: Kal Penn pokes fun at Clint Eastwood’s RNC speech (cbsnews.com)
- Kal Penn Speaks To Democrats Tonight (m.deadline.com)
- Kal Penn Cuts Up (news.yahoo.com)
- Actor Kal Penn Says His Buddy Kevin and His Boyfriend Are His Inspiration (advocate.com)
- Kal Penn – Kal Penn Leads Celebrity Political Panel At Democrat National Convention (contactmusic.com)
This makes the Democratic platform have more understandable content.
- Gay Americans Can Thank The Democratic Party As Convention Places Marriage Equality In Party Platform (dekerivers.wordpress.com)
- Democratic Convention Begins in N.C. (huffingtonpost.com)
- 5 things to watch tonight at Dem convention (content.usatoday.com)
- Democrat Platform Backs Tax-funded, Partial-birth Abortions (thenewamerican.com)
- Democrats Unveil Platform Endorsing Marriage Equality (advocate.com)
- Kennedy Family Still A Part Of Democratic National Convention (dekerivers.wordpress.com)
- Watch the Democratic Convention live online – Live Streaming (imns.wordpress.com)
Tomorrow will be the start of three days of Democrats firing up their base and showing support for Barack Obama and Joe Biden. They are in Charlotte, North Carolina, and we’ll be hearing some great speeches.
There’s been a lot of criticism of C lint Eastwood at the Republican Convention with his empty chair routine. A lot of people are suggesting that the Democrats come up with a parody attack. The leading suggestion is to have Betty White talking to Romney in an empty chair. It’s a very funny idea, but it is not going to happen.
Democrats are going to make the point that we are actually better off today than we were when George W. Bush left us in an economic mess.
Just look at how much job growth there has been in the private sector sing the Republicans (red bars) were replaced by Obama and the Democrats (blue bars.) Of course this is what the Republicans lied about last week when they said Obama had done nothing in the last 3 1/2 years.
So I hope everyone enjoys watching the convention and that independents and undecideds go for Obama/Biden and the Democratic congressional candidates.
- Betty White to Introduce Obama at Democratic National Convention? (truthdig.com)
- Social media users urge Obama to let Betty White introduce him at convention (windsorstar.com)
- Dems wants Betty White to speak at DNC (content.usatoday.com)
- Obama embraces ‘Obamacare,’ says it’s here to stay (cnsnews.com)
- The 2012 Democratic National Convention Kicks Off This Week from Charlotte, North Carolina (bostinno.com)
- Joe Biden leads Democratic attacks on Romney before Charlotte convention (guardian.co.uk)
- Obama tweet mocking Eastwood was most shared GOP convention tweet (rawstory.com)
- Polls So Far: No Convention Bounce for Mitt Romney (themoderatevoice.com)