Remember this from October 2007?
We should never forget these things when dealing with Willard.
- Republicans defend Romney’s visit to Israel amid growing anger over his ‘racist’ comment on Israeli economy (investmentwatchblog.com)
- Mitt Romney Ends His 2012 Casual Racism European Tour [America’s Screaming Conscience] (gawker.com)
- Romney Visits Basalt, Gives Plan for Middle Class (krextv.com)
…according to CNN. It’s expected he will formally endorse Romney on that day as well.
Having come up very low in the five primaries yesterday, Mitt is looking at no more money to survive with and no viable reason to stay in the race (even though he promised not to pull out before the convention.
– Nelson Warfield, Republican strategist
Of course, when there are none of them left, he’ll have to actually come up with a real policy plan.
The Mormon Church has always opposed gambling in every form, including government-sponsored lotteries.
Mormon prophets and leaders have counseled the members over time, to avoid gambling of any type. Doing so, leads one away from righteousness and into the hands of Satan. The Mormon belief is that it is an addictive behavior and leads only to destructive habits and practices. It undermines the value of work and motivates one to think that they can get something for nothing. In time, the gambler will deny themselves, as well as their family the basic needs of life. They will oft times steal from others to finance their addiction, which in turn leads to stealing, robbery, etc.
… and he isn’t thrilled:
“As president, my plan would have produced a budget that was cut, capped and balanced – not one that opens the door to higher taxes and puts defense cuts on the table. President Obama’s leadership failure has pushed the economy to the brink at the eleventh hour and 59th minute. While I appreciate the extraordinarily difficult situation President Obama’s lack of leadership has placed Republican Members of Congress in, I personally cannot support this deal.”
– Mitt Romney, Republican Presidential Candidate
“Extraordinarily difficult situation” that Republicans have been placed in? Perhaps he doesn’t realize that the Republicans WON here. Then again, maybe his old Massachusetts liberalism is coming out.
Have you been following this? John and I discussed it on the radio show last Friday. Ohio Congressional candidate Rich Iott has a rather unusual hobby of dressing up as a member of the 5th SS Wiking Panzer Division, a unit in the German army during World War II.
Interviewing him, Anderson Cooper got Iott to state really unfortunate excuses for his activities. Cooper pointed out that one member of the 5th was recently charged with the murder of 58 Jews. Iott replied: “The war on the eastern front was extremely brutal on both sides. Nobody was lily-white, that’s for sure. Horrible things that happened on both sides.”
Iott has been scrubbed from the Republicans‘ Young Guns website since revelations about his reenacting surfaced.
Thanks to Talking Points Memo.
- GOP House Candidate Rich Iott Ups His Nazi Dressup Defense (oliverwillis.com)
- Terry Canaan’s News Roundup for 10/12/2010 (grantlawrence.blogspot.com)
- Eric Cantor and GOP Young Guns Repudiate Nazi Re-enactor Rich Iott (mediaite.com)
- What Made GOP Candidate Rich Iott Want To Dress Up As A Nazi? Must Have Been The Recruitment Video (alan.com)