The former Nightly News anchor was reportedly transported to a hospital after an appearance on MSNBC‘s Morning Joe. Brokaw felt “light-headed” and taking great caution, he was removed to the hospital for evaluation.
Somewhat later, a tweet came from Brokaw in the hospital laying the blame on a sleeping pill:
“All is well Early AM I mistakenly took a half dose of Ambien and made less sense than usual. Made a better comeback than Giants…”
Brokaw, 72, has been contributing to a number of NBC and MSNBC discussion panels on both the Republican and Democratic conventions. He should be back at it soon.
- Todd, Brokaw Express Surprise That Christie Didn’t Do More To Acknowledge Ann Romney’s Speech (mediaite.com)
- For Brokaw, It Doesn’t Get Better Than Global Warming Denial (fair.org)
- PRESS Pass: Tom Brokaw (presspass.nbcnews.com)
- Jon Stewart And Tom Brokaw On Separation Of Fact-Checking And Journalism: Video (deadline.com)
- Every which way but classy: Tom Brokaw wishes ‘friend’ Clint Eastwood had shut up (twitchy.com)