Mitt‘s lies are full of S—T.
That is a characterization of the content of his speeches, not of his person. To dramatize how Obama supporters view Mitt’s words, I propose that each of us mail a sample of Ex-Lax or equal to Mitt at this address:
If you agree that this a good idea, please reblog this message so that as many people as possible see it.
What a good idea! The press is being informed about this and the more who participate, the more fun we will all have. At the same time, make a cash equivalent donation to Obama’s campaign at www.barackobama.com.
When you send Mitt his present, write “EX-LAX for Mitt” on the outside of the package so that even if they don’t open it at the Romney campaign they will know what it is. 🙂
- Ex-Lax for Mitt (bell-book-candle.com)
- Ex-Lax for Mitt (theobamacrat.com)
- Mitt Romney Is No Match For… Mitt Romney! (perezhilton.com)
- Lyin Mitt Is Still UnFitt (theobamacrat.com)
- Why Romney Avoids Massachusetts (drudge.com)
- Mitt Romney: From The People Who Brought You The Iraq War (thedailybanter.com)
… and now they want to see to it that Catherine Greig, 61 year old girlfriend to the 82 year old Bulger, is sentenced to 10 years for harboring a fugitive and a number of other charges. Although the charges Greig faces could result in a maximum of 15 years in prison, prosecutors have said she could get as little as 32 months. The prosecution recommended a longer prison term and asked that Greig pay a $150,000 fine.
Bulger, who gained his reputation as head of Boston’s Winter Hill Gang, was captured last year and has yet to be brought to Federal Court. He had covered his tracks during his career by working as an FBI informant, but used the information he gained in that role to commit a number of murders of his competitors in the crime world. He fled in late 1994 when an FBI agent told him he was about to be indicted.
According to prosecutors, Bulger and Greig spent the first year on the run posing as a married couple, traveling to Chicago, New York and Louisiana. They settled in Santa Monica, where they lived in a rent-controlled apartment not far from the Pacific Ocean. Behind a secret wall in the two-bedroom apartment, Bulger stashed 30 weapons and more than $820,000 in cash.
- ‘Whitey’ Bulger’s girlfriend, Catherine Greig, faces 10 years prison (abclocal.go.com)
- Victim’s kin: Lock up Greig for decade (bostonherald.com)
- US seeks decade sentence for Mass. mobster’s lover (newsobserver.com)
- ‘Whitey’ Bulger’s Girlfriend Set to Plead (abcnews.go.com)
- Ex-mob boss Howie Winter arrested (bostonherald.com)
Who says the elusive Bulger still has no influence in Boston?
U.S. Attorney Carmen Ortiz says prosecutors consider a later 1999 indictment charging Bulger with 19 murders the stronger case, since faces life in prison on those charges. Doesn’t he also face life if you add the other charges? Maybe several lives.
Why take a chance with a guy who already eluded them for 16 years?
- Whitey Bulger Mug Shot: Released, White (thehollywoodgossip.com)
- Strapped for cash, will Bulger divulge assets? (cbsnews.com)
- Bulger: The “Hannibal Lecter of South Boston” (cbsnews.com)
- The “Departed” Returns to Boston: A Sordid Tale of Mobster Whitey Bulger & the FBI (jonathanturley.org)
- FBI Arrests Boston Mob Boss James ‘Whitey’ Bulger in California (blippitt.com)
“They found him? Finally. I want my sister to come home.”
– Margaret McCusker, Catherine Greig’s sister, when told of Greig and Whitey Bulger‘s arrest.
McCusker lives in Whitey’s old stomping grounds of South Boston. I guess she doesn’t realize that her sister is implicated in one of the 19 murders as a co-defendent.
- Federal Agents Arrest Whitey Bulger In California (wzlx.radio.com)
- After 16 years on run, mob boss ‘Whitey’ Bulger caught (ctv.ca)
- BREAKING NEWS: San Monica, Los Angeles: Most Wanted Boston Fugitive James ‘Whitey’ Bulger Arrested By FBI (lostchildreninthewilderness.wordpress.com)
- FBI nabs ruthless Boston mob boss in California (thenewstribune.com)
- James “Whitey” Bulger: Timeline (cbsnews.com)
- Fugitive Boston Mob Kingpin And Brother of… Um, Longstanding Masschusetts President of the State Senate Whitey Bulger Arrested In… Santa Monica? (minx.cc)
- Ex-FBI agent: Bulger arrest “inevitable” (cbsnews.com)
It took 16 years with James “Whitey” Bulger on top of the FBI’s 10 Most Wanted list, but yesterday they grabbed the former gang leader, alleged murderer (wanted for 19 killings) and all-around bad Bostonian in Santa Monica, CA.
Bulger had a $2 Million reward on his head… the highest ever offered on an FBI wanted criminal. His girlfriend, Catherine Greig, also captured had a $100 Thousand reward attached to her.
At one time Bulger was an FBI informant and used that position as a means of actually committing robberies and murders and getting his competition out of the way. His brother, William “Billy” Bulger had been a well-known Boston politician and, later, the President of the University of Massachusetts, and admittedly withheld information on Whitey for years,
eventually costing him his job.
However, it was only recently after years of embarrassment with books and movies made about Whitey that the FBI actually stepped up it’s investigation. Recently they started focusing on Greig, a former Dental Hygienist known to frequent beauty parlors and plastic surgeons, as a means of capturing Whitey. Recently, in this context, the released a video in cities where Bulger had been spotted over the years:
There has been no mention of who, if anyone, received any of the awards for information leading to Bulger and Greig.
- Boston crime boss James ‘Whitey’ Bulger nabbed here * (laobserved.com)
- James “Whitey” Bulger busted in Santa Monica! Yep, one of the FBI’s MOST WANTED CROOKS OF ALL TIME IS CUFFED AND STUFFED! SURFS UP WHITEY! (economy4abc.blogspot.com)
- London: FBI TV Blitz Targets Partner Of Most Wanted Boston Gangster ‘Whitey Bulger’ (lostchildreninthewilderness.wordpress.com)
- FBI’s TV Advert For ‘Most Wanted’ Partner (news.sky.com)
- FBI to discuss new plan to catch James Bulger (boston.com)
- 6.21.2011 … summer solstice meant longest day trying to get my car to pass inspection … including going to dmv for a waiver when the computers were down … then having it pass on its own. (teaguenc.wordpress.com)
Sarah has done it again… this time while visiting Boston’s Old North Church (you know, “One if by land…Two if by sea”). She sort of suggested that Paul Revere rode through Boston warning the British that we were going to be free.
- Sarah Palin explains Paul Revere (whyevolutionistrue.wordpress.com)
- Cirque de Palin (eleftheria64.wordpress.com)
- Sarah Palin’s American History Class 101 (crooksandliars.com)
- Sarah Palin’s bus-ride tale of Paul Revere – with apologies to Longfellow (csmonitor.com)
- Sarah Palin Says Paul Revere Warned “The British Aren’t Taking Away Our Arms” (alan.com)
- Watch CNN Anchor’s Deadpan Reaction To Sarah Palin’s Version Of Paul Revere’s Midnight Ride (mediaite.com)
- Sarah Palin’s History Lesson: Paul Revere Warned the British (themoderatevoice.com)
- Paul Revere’s Story As Told By Sarah Palin! LOLs (perezhilton.com)
- A History Lesson From Sarah Palin (dlisted.com)
Now that the Republicans control the House, Rep. Darrell Issa (R – CA) will be heading the House Oversight Committee and has pledged to investigate all kinds of things. He has also referred to the Obama Administration as “corrupt” and called Obama “one of the most corrupt presidents in modern times.” He has stated that he’s aiming for the ambitious goal of holding “seven hearings a week, times 40 weeks.” Whew!
So what do we really know about Issa? Multimillionaire? Manufacturer of Viper Auto Alarms? Criminal?
Rep. Issa: A Past Filled With Suspected Arson, Weapons Charges & Auto TheftJune 01, 2010 10:34 am ET
Rep. Darrell Issa (R-CA) has received a lot of media coverage lately as he demands an investigation into an alleged job offer made to Rep. Joe Sestak (D-PA). What’s interesting about this scenario is not only the fact that it doesn’t appear a crime was committed, but also that Issa himself has lived through numerous scandals and allegations without any judicial consequence.
1982: Issa Suspected, But Never Charged, In Arson Incident At Manufacturing Plant. According to the Los Angeles Times: “A suspected arson fire ripped through [Issa’s Ohio] manufacturing plant in 1982. No one was ever charged in the fire, but authorities were troubled by a dramatic escalation in the facility’s fire insurance just weeks earlier. Even before the blaze was put out, investigators began peppering Issa and his partner with ‘crazy questions’ regarding their whereabouts before the fire, Issa recalled.” [Los Angeles Times, 5/23/98, via Nexis, emphasis added]
- Prior To Fire, Issa “Boosted” Fire Insurance And Removed A Computer From The Premises. According to the Los Angeles Times: “Weeks before the fire, Issa and [business partner] Hunsinger boosted their fire insurance from $ 100,000 to $ 462,000 on property stored for other companies…At the same time, a separate company that contracted with Quantum to outfit bug zappers increased its insurance to $ 400,000, and, according to an insurance report, one investigator was ‘concerned about the coincidence.’ Fire investigators also noted that a computer was taken off the site eight days before the fire, ‘allegedly to be reprogrammed’ by Issa’s lawyer, and that business blueprints were put away in a safe–which was ‘not previously done before.'” [Los Angeles Times, 5/23/98, via Nexis]
“Suspicious Burn Patterns” And “Out Of Normal Practice” Behavior Alerted Investigators. The Washington Post reported: “Investigators reported ‘suspicious burn patterns’ and said the fire may have been set. A company bookkeeper, Karen Brasdovich, also told them that computers and records had been removed from the site days before the fire for no clear reason. ‘It was totally out of normal practice,’ she said in a telephone interview last week.” [Washington Post via FTLComm.com, 7/8/03]
AC Custom Fire: Flammable Liquid Had “Been Poured On The Only Area Not Covered By Fire Sprinklers.” The Los Angeles Times reported that “seven months after Issa took control,” a fire broke out at the “Quantum manufacturing plant.” “Case files from Maple Heights, the Ohio fire marshal and insurers pointed repeatedly to the likelihood of arson in the blaze, which officials estimated caused $ 800,000 in damage. Although an accident could not be ruled out, the uneven and unnatural burn patterns made the blaze ‘suspicious in nature,’ the state concluded two months later. Flammable liquid appeared to have been poured on the only area not covered by fire sprinklers, investigators found.” [Los Angeles Times, 5/23/98, via Nexis, emphasis added]
Intimidation With A Weapon
Former AC Custom Executive Claimed Issa Intimidated Him With A Gun. According to the Los Angeles Times: “One of Issa’s first tasks as the new boss [of AC Custom] was to remove an executive named Jack Frantz. According to Frantz, Issa came into his office, placed a small box on the desk and opened it. Inside, he said, was a gun.” [Los Angeles Times, 5/23/98, via Nexis]
- Issa Allegedly Used Intimidation To Fire Executive Frantz. According to the Los Angeles Times, Frantz claimed, “‘He just showed [the gun] to me and said ‘You know what this is?’ Issa invited Frantz to hold the gun at one point and told him he had learned about guns and explosives during his military days, Frantz said. Because he was about to be fired, Frantz said he saw it as ‘pure intimidation.'” [Los Angeles Times, 5/23/98, via Nexis]
- Former AC Custom Bookkeeper: “It Was Pretty Terrifying.” According to the Los Angeles Times: “The bookkeeper, [Karen] Brasdovich, also recalled Issa having a gun at the company that day. ‘It was pretty terrifying,’ she said.” [Los Angeles Times, 5/23/98, via Nexis]
Issa On The Incident: “Shots Were Never Fired.” The Los Angeles Times reported: “Issa said, ‘Shots were never fired. If I asked Jack to leave, then I think I had every right to ask Jack to leave…I don’t recall having a gun. I really don’t. I don’t think I ever pulled a gun on anyone in my life.'” [Los Angeles Times, 5/23/98, via Nexis, emphasis added]
Auto Theft & Weapons Charges
Issa “Twice Arrested In 1972 On Weapons Charges.” According to the San Francisco Chronicle: “Issa was twice arrested in 1972 on weapons charges — once in Ohio, once in Michigan.” [San Francisco Chronicle, 7/2/03]
Issa Was Convicted Of “Possession Of An Unregistered Handgun,” Paid Fine, And Served Probation. According to the San Francisco Chronicle: “[W]hen Issa was attending college in Michigan, was fined $100 and put on three months’ probation after being arrested for possession of an unregistered handgun, Michigan court records show.” [San Francisco Chronicle, 7/2/03]
1972: Issa Was Arrested For Auto Theft. According to the New York Times: “In 1972, [Darrell Issa] and his brother William were arrested in the theft of a Maserati from a Cleveland car dealership.” [New York Times, 7/23/03]
1972: Issa Also Charged With “Carrying A Concealed Weapon.” According to the San Francisco Chronicle: “Court records…show that in March 1972, one month after getting out of the Army, Issa was arrested on charges of carrying a concealed weapon and auto theft. The court file doesn’t indicate the type of weapon involved.” [San Francisco Chronicle, 7/2/03]
Auto Theft, Concealed Weapons Charges Were Ultimately Dropped. According to the San Francisco Chronicle: “In May 1972, a grand jury indicted Issa on a larceny charge in connection with the car theft but dropped the weapons charge. Two weeks later, a prosecutor dropped the car theft charge as well.” [San Francisco Chronicle, 7/2/03]
- Charges Were Dropped Despite Witness Reports. According to the Los Angeles Times, “a witness reported seeing [Darrell and William Issa] pushing the sports car down the street just before midnight, records and interviews show. But the charges were dismissed–months before the older brother, [William], was convicted of stealing another car amid a string of offenses.” [Los Angeles Times, 5/23/98, via Nexis]
Issa On His “Indiscretions”
Issa Blamed Past Discretions On Youth. According to the New York Times, Issa said: “Look, I was a kid. What would you rather have? A cardboard-cutout who never made a mistake when he was young only to become governor and then carry on like a juvenile delinquent?” [New York Times, 7/23/03]
Issa Blamed Older Brother For Run-Ins With The Law. According to the New York Times: “‘I love my older brother Billy,’ said Mr. Issa, explaining that he got caught in the orbit of his ne’er-do-well brother who has five felony convictions for car theft and is currently unemployed in Cleveland. ‘He stole a lot of cars. He stole my car. You could say that drew me to the car alarm business. Poetic justice.'” [New York Times, 7/23/03]
Issa Used Sarcasm To Downplay Checkered Past. In reference to reporters inquiring about his past, Issa said in a New York Times article, “Some day somebody’s going to report on those little pineapple squares I snitched at a party.” [New York Times, 7/23/03]
The stories of Issa and his brother make me think of Whitey and Billy Bulger in Boston (I’m currently reading a book about the two Bulgers, one a wanted murderer and the other a disgraced politician and former President of UMass… and it’s remarkable how Billy Bulger got dragged into things by hanging out with his outlaw brother Whitey.) So many coincidences! (Except, of course, that the Bulgers weren’t Republicans.)
- A multi-tasking Issa lies and redefines ‘corrupt’ on CNN (dailykos.com)
- Chief Obama Investigator Darrell Issa Has Big Corporations And Lobbyists On His Side (alan.com)
- Darrell Issa: Obama Administration Is Corrupt [Video] (realestateradiousa.com)
- ‘Corrupt Administration’? Darrell Issa Says Yes (theroot.com)
- Rep. Darrell Issa: Obama Has “One Of The Most Corrupt Administrations” (mediaite.com)
- Conason’s column in Salon should be read… (underthelobsterscope.wordpress.com)
- Get Excited for the GOP’s First Corruption Investigations! [Stunts] (gawker.com)