Did you know that Girl Scouts were dangerous? According to Indiana state representative Bob Morris (Republican, natch), the Girls Scouts of America is a radical organization that promotes homosexuality and abortion, is a front for Planned Parenthood and is out to destroy American values.
Of course he is being roundly ridiculed for his position, even within his own party… but he won’t back down:
“My family and I took a view and we’re sticking by it. My girls are no longer Girl Scouts. They’re now going to join American Heritage Girls.”
Morris said he made his discoveries after talking to some knowledgeable constituents and conducting “a small amount of Web-based research.” He concluded that the Girl Scouts encourage sexual activity endorse feminist, lesbian and Communist agendas. He pointed out that First Lady Michelle Obama is honorary president of the Girl Scouts of America and that
“should give each of us reason to pause before our individual and collective endorsement of the organization.”
Planned Parenthood has released a statement denying any connection to the scouting group. The Girl Scouts of America did not address Morris’ individual claims, but said:
“Regarding Representative Morris, if the freshman representative wishes to discredit the contributions that hundreds of thousands of Indiana women and girls have made through the Girl Scouts program over the last 100 years, then he’s entitled to his opinion. Not only is Rep. Morris off the mark on his claims, it’s also unfortunate in his limited research that he failed to discover that since 1917, every First Lady has served as the honorary leader of Girl Scouts including Nancy Reagan, Barbara Bush and Laura Bush.”
This is REALLY the year of the CONSERVATIVE REPUBLICAN FOLLIES… What do you think will come next?
- Taking A Stand Against Girl Scouts of the Day (thedailywh.at)
- US: Girl Scouts Sexualising Recruits, Claims Republican Bob Morris (ibtimes.com)
- Lawmaker: Girl Scouts Promote Homosexuality (newsy.com)
- Some Homophobic Lawmaker From Indiana Sent This Letter About The Girl Scouts To His Republican Colleagues (buzzfeed.com)
- Indiana Legislator Refuses To Honor “Radical” Girl Scouts (buzzfeed.com)
- Radical Girl Scouts out to destroy American family values (dvorak.org)