This was clipped from AmericaBlog:
“The second Birther claim is by far the most hilarious: namely, that the Constitution states that both parents must be natural-born citizens of the United States in order to be president. The Philadelphia Convention must have written that clause in invisible ink, because nowhere in Article II, Section 1, Clause 5 of the Constitution does it state that. The Constitution states that the candidate must only be born here (check), must be at least 35-years-old (check), and be a US resident for at least 14 years (check).
“What makes the second thinking so hilarious is that under Birthers‘ very own logic, the GOP‘s 2012 presidential nominee Mitt Romney is also ineligible to be president – his papi was born in Mexico.”
You don’t hear Birthers going after Mitt on this, oh, because he’s the white guy? What about the fact that his grandfather living in Mexico was there so he could have multiple wives?
This election is getting insane…
- Prove Mitt’s not a unicorn, group says in satirizing ‘birthers’ (cnn.com)
- Mitt Romney Will Not ‘Repudiate’ Donald Trump For Birther Views (kaystreet.wordpress.com)
- The Romney Campaign Joins the Birther Brigade (takingnote.blogs.nytimes.com)
- “Bringing The Sideshow Into The Circus”: Why The Media Is Giving Romney A Pass On Trump’s Birtherism (mykeystrokes.com)
- 17,000 People Sign Petition Asking Birther-Curious Arizona Official To Investigate Whether Romney Is A Unicorn (thinkprogress.org)
- Bill Maher satirizes Birthers… this is FUNNY! (underthelobsterscope.wordpress.com)
- Romney Mentions US Birth Requirement Amid Fresh Birther Controversy, Wants To Require Presidents To “Work In Business” (alan.com)
- Romney Explains Why He Accepts Birther Trump: “I Need To Get 50.1% Or More” (alan.com)
“That’s the way life works… He didn’t know he was running for president, so he told the truth. The literary agent wrote down what he said… He said he was born in Kenya and raised in Indonesia… Now they’re saying it was a mistake. Just like his Kenyan grandmother said he was born in Kenya, and she pointed down the road to the hospital, and after people started screaming at her she said, ‘Oh, I mean Hawaii.’ Give me a break.”
– Trump in an interview
Another name for Birther is Asshole.
- How Can Anyone Be A Birther? (personalliberty.com)
- Typos Tip Off a Birther Resurgence (theatlanticwire.com)
- Busting Another Birther Eruption (andrewsullivan.thedailybeast.com)
- Latest Birther Eruption Based On A Falsehood (alan.com)
- Obama’s former literary agency claimed he was born in Kenya (rawstory.com)