And I must agree. Although I said back when Lieberman betrayed Democrats everywhere (first by running as an independent against his party after losing the State Primary, and second by campaigning for McCain against the Democratic nominee, Barack Obama, in the 2008 election) that I would ignore him in this blog, his announcement that he will not seek reelection is worth noting…if only to elicit public sentiment in favor of the decision. As you can see, I don’t really trust him to keep his word.
- NBC: Lieberman won’t run again in 2012 (msnbc.msn.com)
- Joe Lieberman will not seek Senate re-election in 2012 – The Guardian (news.google.com)
- Conn. Sen. Joe Lieberman to step down at end of term (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Lieberman will not run in 2012, adviser says – Washington Post (news.google.com)
- SHOCKER: Joe Lieberman Is Retiring (businessinsider.com)
- Joe Lieberman, Facing Crowded Field, May Resign (huffingtonpost.com)
- Joe Lieberman Retiring? (outsidethebeltway.com)