… but is Obama/Biden or Romney Ryan the more truthful team? The Dems are the losers on lying… but the Republicans cannot seem to achieve overall truthfulness. Politifact evaluates their percentages of truthful expression as follows:
So if having candidates you can believe is important, then there is no question of which team to support.
- Obama’s story, Romney’s story, and the truth: Previewing the debate (news.yahoo.com)
- Letter: Not much of an endorsement of Romney, Ryan in their own backyards (tcpalm.com)
- Democrats’ truth vs. GOP lies (salon.com)
- Politico Truth Meters – Potus Obama & Mitt the Twit (bonjupatten.wordpress.com)
Mitt‘s lies are full of S—T.
That is a characterization of the content of his speeches, not of his person. To dramatize how Obama supporters view Mitt’s words, I propose that each of us mail a sample of Ex-Lax or equal to Mitt at this address:
If you agree that this a good idea, please reblog this message so that as many people as possible see it.
What a good idea! The press is being informed about this and the more who participate, the more fun we will all have. At the same time, make a cash equivalent donation to Obama’s campaign at www.barackobama.com.
When you send Mitt his present, write “EX-LAX for Mitt” on the outside of the package so that even if they don’t open it at the Romney campaign they will know what it is. 🙂
- Ex-Lax for Mitt (bell-book-candle.com)
- Ex-Lax for Mitt (theobamacrat.com)
- Mitt Romney Is No Match For… Mitt Romney! (perezhilton.com)
- Lyin Mitt Is Still UnFitt (theobamacrat.com)
- Why Romney Avoids Massachusetts (drudge.com)
- Mitt Romney: From The People Who Brought You The Iraq War (thedailybanter.com)
Cassy Zobel, a 34 year-old, white democrat who lives in Mckinney Texas, had a rude awakening Friday morning. Her neighbor rang her doorbell to alert her to the vandalism and blatant racism on her property.
Zobel found that someone had covered her Obama/Biden sign, displayed in her yard, with offensive graffiti on both front and back.
I find it interesting that our little suburban city was just named the 2nd best place to live in America. I suppose there should have been a caveat. “Best Place to Live If You’re A Bigoted White, Christian, Anti-Gay Person Who Doesn’t Support Our First African-American President And Hates Everyone Who Does”. That was probably too long a title, though.
– Cassy Zobel
One day we may become a country for everyone.
- Romney supporter in Texas defaces yard sign: ‘N*gger lover… Obama sucks d*ck’ (rawstory.com)
- President Obama Related To First African-American Slave? (mymajicdc.com)
- Race, Obama and the GOP (newsobserver.com)
An awful lot of folks on line think so. Take a listen:
So seeing Joe up close has an interesting interpretation. What do you think?
- Jill Biden makes a really long penis joke. (aarhusblog.com)
- Jill Biden warms the crowd with accidental dick joke (nosyass.com)
- Giggling Crowd Has Mind In The Gutter During Jill Biden’s Speech (mediaite.com)
- Joe Biden Calls Cheerleaders ‘Best Athletes in College’ (abcnews.go.com)
President Obama’s campaign released a new video made up entirely out-of-context clips of Mitt Romney, intended to show how the Romney campaign’s attack on Obama’s 14 year old “redistribution” comment was unfair. The Romneyites have been releasing Obama’s old statements without including the complete context, thus making him criticizable. If the same thing is done to Romney, the results change the Republican’s entire campaign.
- Mitt Romney’s dad was on welfare (dailykos.com)
- Watch: Obama on Mitt Romney Fundraising Tapes (abcnews.go.com)
- Team Obama releases tongue-in-cheek video taking Romney out of context (thehill.com)
- Best Ad Ever: Obama Schools Romney on Being Taken Out of Context (politicususa.com)
- Ann Romney Will Inevitably Annoy Voters, Says Mitt Romney (jezebel.com)
- The Media Busts Mitt Romney for Trying to Breitbart Them on Redistribution (politicususa.com)
- Romney Campaign Puts Up, Then Almost Immediately Takes Down, a Video Titled “Mitt Doesn’t Disdain the Poor” (slog.thestranger.com)
How Romney and Bain made a fortune by taking away jobs… and making the people they fired help with their own dismissal.
This is pathetic, but it is why we can’t trust one word Romney says about creating jobs, or the way businesses are going to create jobs.
Take a look:
If Mitt Romney wins, the middle class loses.
- Mitt Romney and backers use ‘day-to-day’ to reshape questions about Bain (boston.com)
- Even Mitt Romney admits Bain Capital ‘didn’t create’ jobs (dailykos.com)
- Mitt Romney takes a break from denying he worked at Bain … (dailykos.com)
- Workers ask Mitt Romney to keep Bain from sending their jobs to China (dailykos.com)
- Former Romney Partner At Bain Makes Case For Outsourcing (thinkprogress.org)
- Jim Cramer On Meet The Press: ‘Romney Is Known As A Job Destroyer, Not A Creator’ (mediaite.com)
Romney’s stated departure from the company in 1999 was convenient timing—supposedly absolving him of being responsible in any way for companies owned by Bain that went bankrupt or suffered massive layoffs afterward.
” Mitt Romney either lied in federal filings that show he worked at Bain Capital through 2002 and could be guilty of a felony, or has lied to the American people in saying he left the company in 1999. This is serious business.”
– Bob Bauer, the Obama campaign’s counsel
So, if Romney was still at Bain through 2002, he’d be politically responsible for the consequences of deals that the firm made through then… and this could include layoffs from companies Bain took over, or the exporting of jobs to China and India at a time Romney said he was not responsible for the company’s efforts.
The Boston Globe published a story Thursday that calls into question the timeline of Romney’s involvement of the firm that the Republican candidate has been promulgating for years. The Romney campaign ordered the Globe to retract the story. Today the Globe said it wouldn’t. A similar situation has occurred with the Washington Post.
Related articles (and this seems to be a big story all over the place):
- Romney: You Lie! Report: No, YOU Lie! (nymag.com)
- Obama team: Romney committed a felony or lied to voters (politico.com)
- Why Romney’s Quit Date at Bain Matters (theatlanticwire.com)
- In Primary Debate, Romney Suggested He Was At Bain Until 2002 (buzzfeed.com)
- Sorry, Mitt Romney, You Can’t Be Chairman, CEO, And President Of A Company And Not Be Responsible For What It Does… (businessinsider.com)
- Obama campaign: Romney either broke law or lied (washingtontimes.com)
- BOSTON GLOBE: Mitt Romney Left Bain Capital Three Years After He Said He Did (businessinsider.com)
- Obama campaign accuses Romney of lying about Bain tenure (nbcpolitics.msnbc.msn.com)
- Mitt Romney Responsible for Bain Lay-Offs and Bankruptcies – New Questions about His Bain Departure Date (aquariuschannelings.com)
- Obama Campaign: Romney A Liar, Potential Criminal (buzzfeed.com)
- Obama won’t apologize for staff on Bain (politico.com)
- Called a Liar, Obama Turns Tables on Romney, Bain Capital (usnews.com)
- Obama campaign hits Romney hard on questions over Bain Capital tenure – The Guardian (guardian.co.uk)
- Dems Raise Possibility That Romney Committed A Felony Over Bain Filings (politicker.com)
- Obama campaign: ‘Severe consequences’ if Romney committed felony with Bain lies (rawstory.com)
Oh, I see. We don’t really know how much he has or why he doesn’t invest it back in America to help create jobs and to help the government with tax revenues.
As Joe Biden suggested the other day, we have never voted before for a candidate with off shore investment accounts and money in Swiss Banks.
- Democrats target Romney’s tax returns, bank accounts (washingtontimes.com)
- DNC chairwoman presses Romney to release additional tax returns (thehill.com)
- Democrats Attack Romney Over Offshore Accounts, Revive Demands for Tax Returns (nymag.com)
- Dems Bombard Romney With Attacks Over Offshore Accounts (politics.blogs.foxnews.com)
- DNC chair: Mitt made ?secretive investments? (politico.com)
- O’Malley: Romney ‘bet against America’ with offshore holdings (thehill.com)
Short, simple and full of truth:
Obama’s going to have to keep it up on Romney’s record, and this is a good start.
- New Obama TV ad in Florida questions Romney’s record as governor (tampabay.com)
- Two new Obama TV ads in Florida (tampabay.com)
- ATTACK WATCH IS BACK!… Obama Website Now Supplies Easy-to-Use Snitch Forms For Truth Team Members (thegatewaypundit.com)
- Obama’s day: Local TV (content.usatoday.com)
According to Reuters:
President Barack Obama’s campaign has embraced the term “Obamacare,” seeking to turn the negative name Republicans assigned to his healthcare reform effort into a positive branding tool just as the Supreme Court studies the law’s constitutionality.
“If you’re tired of the other side throwing around that word like it’s an insult, then join me in sending a message that we’re proud of it,” he wrote.
While it may be a little late in getting around to this strategy, there’s a good chance it can work To help promote it, the Obama campaign is reaching out with promoti0nal products:
T-shirts that say “I like Obamacare” are available on the campaign’s website for $35.
Buttons with the same message go for $5.
I expect to be seeing these around soon… perhaps on me.