Speaking in Michigan, Romney came out with this Birther joke:
“No one has ever asked to see my birth certificate. They know that this is the place that we were born and raised.”
Of course, he has said earlier that he has no doubts that Obama was born in the USA. A hearty applause, however, met his comment. Still, it was awkward for the candidate to play on the birther conspiracy , even after the president released his “long-form” birth certificate in 2011.
Reuters released Mitt Romney’s own birth certificate on the day when the candidate appeared with Donald Trump, who once again spurted out his doubts about the president’s birthplace.
Is this crap ever going to end. I guess when you have no solutions to the many problems we face, this is about as good as Willard can do.
- Willard on the TEA PARTY& Elections (afrikanking.wordpress.com)
- Romney’s birth certificate evokes his father’s controversy. (iamacitizen.wordpress.com)
- Politics & NWO – Re: JUST IN- OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE (disclose.tv)
- Mitt Romney: I can’t, I’m Mormon! (salon.com)
This was clipped from AmericaBlog:
“The second Birther claim is by far the most hilarious: namely, that the Constitution states that both parents must be natural-born citizens of the United States in order to be president. The Philadelphia Convention must have written that clause in invisible ink, because nowhere in Article II, Section 1, Clause 5 of the Constitution does it state that. The Constitution states that the candidate must only be born here (check), must be at least 35-years-old (check), and be a US resident for at least 14 years (check).
“What makes the second thinking so hilarious is that under Birthers‘ very own logic, the GOP‘s 2012 presidential nominee Mitt Romney is also ineligible to be president – his papi was born in Mexico.”
You don’t hear Birthers going after Mitt on this, oh, because he’s the white guy? What about the fact that his grandfather living in Mexico was there so he could have multiple wives?
This election is getting insane…
- Prove Mitt’s not a unicorn, group says in satirizing ‘birthers’ (cnn.com)
- Mitt Romney Will Not ‘Repudiate’ Donald Trump For Birther Views (kaystreet.wordpress.com)
- The Romney Campaign Joins the Birther Brigade (takingnote.blogs.nytimes.com)
- “Bringing The Sideshow Into The Circus”: Why The Media Is Giving Romney A Pass On Trump’s Birtherism (mykeystrokes.com)
- 17,000 People Sign Petition Asking Birther-Curious Arizona Official To Investigate Whether Romney Is A Unicorn (thinkprogress.org)
- Bill Maher satirizes Birthers… this is FUNNY! (underthelobsterscope.wordpress.com)
- Romney Mentions US Birth Requirement Amid Fresh Birther Controversy, Wants To Require Presidents To “Work In Business” (alan.com)
- Romney Explains Why He Accepts Birther Trump: “I Need To Get 50.1% Or More” (alan.com)
“Mitt Romney comes from a Mormon background. I don’t know how many wives he has. I am not saying I believe in that. I am just saying he was born on a Mormon compound. I’m not a wifer, but for some reason he has never shown his original marriage certificate.
“Again, I’m not a wifer. I’m just saying that he has the blood of nomadic polygamist tribesman and I think that has shaped his world view. Now, this is a copy of Mitt Romney’s marriage license. I specifically asked for the original. I even offered to go to the Romney house and take it out of Ann Romney’s marriage scrapbook, but some reason they frowned upon that idea and instead sent me this obvious photocopy. And isn’t a little weird that they chose to send only the short form license? And why next to Ann Romney does it say spouse and not only spouse? I’m just asking the hard questions that the mainstream media won’t ask about Mitt’s unholy harem of obedient sister wives which I really hope I’m wrong about.
“How is it that Ann and Mitt Romney have five kids and they’re all thirty years old? And here, what is Mitt pointing to in this picture? The Olympic symbol. What is it five rings. What else has five rings? Five wives. And why did Mitt Romney strap his dog to the roof of his car? Could it have been because his station wagon was full of wives? I’m not saying I believe this wifer stuff. I take Mitt Romney at his word, but how do you explain this video.” (Video of Romney saying he believes that marriage is between a man and a woman, and a woman, and woman, and a woman).
So pass the idea around… especially when the righties push Donald Trump at us.
- WATCH: Bill Maher Mocks Birthers BY Launching His Own ‘Wifer’ Movement (businessinsider.com)
- WATCH: Bill Maher Fights Birthers With ‘Wifers’ (huffingtonpost.com)
- Maher responds to ‘birther’ controversy with new conspiracy: ‘Wiferism’ (rawstory.com)
- “Blood Money Brothers”: Why Mitt Romney Is Embracing Birther Donald Trump (mykeystrokes.com)
- Hey, Mitt: Dump Trump! – Donald Trump – Salon.com (mbcalyn.com)
- Trump Embraces Birtherism, Romney Embraces Trump (kaystreet.wordpress.com)
“That’s the way life works… He didn’t know he was running for president, so he told the truth. The literary agent wrote down what he said… He said he was born in Kenya and raised in Indonesia… Now they’re saying it was a mistake. Just like his Kenyan grandmother said he was born in Kenya, and she pointed down the road to the hospital, and after people started screaming at her she said, ‘Oh, I mean Hawaii.’ Give me a break.”
– Trump in an interview
Another name for Birther is Asshole.
- How Can Anyone Be A Birther? (personalliberty.com)
- Typos Tip Off a Birther Resurgence (theatlanticwire.com)
- Busting Another Birther Eruption (andrewsullivan.thedailybeast.com)
- Latest Birther Eruption Based On A Falsehood (alan.com)
- Obama’s former literary agency claimed he was born in Kenya (rawstory.com)
There’s more at care2.com:
- Arizona: America’s Top Producer of Stupid (redquixote.wordpress.com)
- Arizona GOP to Obama: Show Us Your Circumcision Certificate (alternet.org)
- Arizona Passes Birther Bill (themoderatevoice.com)
- Ariz. lawmakers OK ‘birther’ bill – USA Today (news.google.com)