“The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.”
Let’s also look at how religious differences world wide are working against us. I don’t think control of the Muslim Brotherhood is in our purview… but having extreme right Baptist preachers pushing anti-Muslim sentiments worldwide is bound to cause an extreme response.
- Romney ratchets ups God rhetoric (tydicea.newsvine.com)
- Adams vs. Jefferson: The Birth of Negative Campaigning in the U.S. (mentalfloss.com)
- Conservative Congressman Blasts Bachmann’s Anti-Muslim Allegations, Stands Up For Religious Liberty (thinkprogress.org)
- Recalling Revisionist History (kennysideshow.blogspot.com)
- ‘Historian’ David Barton’s book on Thomas Jefferson pulled from stores (rawstory.com)
- President Taqiyya misrepresents “Jefferson’s quran” at White House iftar dinner (atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com)
- Thomas Jefferson Asks: Liberty or Economy? (powerorliberty.wordpress.com)
Remember last week when I wrote about the North Carolina Pastor who wanted to put all Gays and Lesbians behind an electric fence and keep them there until they died out? That got a lot of play all over the net, mostly, I guess, because it was so disturbing… no disgusting… and even the religious folks out there were sort of pissed about it.
Well, Anderson Cooper interviewed one of that pastor’s church members who defended him. Keep an eye on Coopers face as he interviews her… you rarely see anyone so upset during an interview.
I believe Cooper himself is gay as well, so this must mean a lot to him.
- Anderson Cooper Rips Into Bigoted Woman Defending Pastor Worley (news.softpedia.com)
- Pastor Delivers Anti-Gay Rant, Suggests Building Electric Fence Around ‘Queers and Homosexuals’ (sott.net)
- HATE SPEECH: North Carolina Pastor Offers Final Solution to Homosexual Problem: Electrified Concentration Camps (alexprocesso.wordpress.com)