My thanks to Bruce for bringing attention to this as we see the conservative elite clamp down on possible voting immigrants…
- “A shitty time to be a liberal”: The Economist’s must-read piece on the Clegg paradox (and 2 reasons why it’s wrong) (libdemvoice.org)
- Self-induced Sluggishness – Economist on the world economy (themitochondrialmigrator.wordpress.com)
Date: Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 8:27 PM
Earlier this month was the birthday of Ayn Rand, the controversial philosopher and novelist, who emigrated from the Soviet Union in 1926. Regardless of what one thinks of her ideas, there is no denying that she was a great American. When the American intelligentsia was playing footsie with Soviet communism, Rand unabashedly defended liberty and individual rights, America’s core values, famously declaring: “[The] United States of America is the greatest, the noblest and, in its original founding principles, the only moral country in the history of the world.”
But this proud naturalized American, who arguably did more than any contemporary figure to restore the faith of Americans in America, might have been hounded out of the country if one of our current crop of Republican hopefuls had been president when she arrived. Why? Because Rand lied and bent every rule to gain…
View original post 6 more words
The dingdong Senator who changed his first name to Rand in honor of Ayn Rand, often says stupid things. Yesterday he said one of the stupidest:
With regard to the idea of whether you have a right to health care, you have realize what that implies. It’s not an abstraction. I’m a physician. That means you have a right to come to my house and conscript me. It means you believe in slavery.
I’m a physician in your community and you say you have a right to health care. You have a right to beat down my door with the police, escort me away and force me to take care of you? That’s ultimately what the right to free health care would be.
So, if under Universal health care he would get money from the government for practicing his job, then that is the equivalent of being enslaved – just like postal employees, garbage collectors, military officers and police.
Has Rand Paul read the Constitution? Serious question! Because it bans slavery, yet it also says people shall “enjoy the right” “to have the Assistance of Counsel” in criminal prosecutions! Does Rand Paul know that we have been enslaving lawyers for 200 years?
Here’s Rand Paul making his statement of stupidity:
- Rand Paul: ObamaCare is Slavery (yourdaddy.net)
- Rand Paul: Universal Health Care Is Basically Slavery [Philosophy] (gawker.com)
- Rand Paul Says Right To Health Care Is Slavery (newsone.com)
- Bernie Sanders vs Rand Paul on Equating Universal Healthcare to Slavery (crooksandliars.com)
- Rand Paul: If You Believe Health Care Is A Right, You Believe In Slavery (alan.com)
- Really, Rand Paul? REALLY??? (passthedoucheys.com)
- Rand Paul, America’s dumbest senator, will not be enslaved by your “right” to basic healthcare (salon.com)
- Rand Paul says people who support universal healthcare ‘believe in slavery’ (latimesblogs.latimes.com)
- How Glenn Beck And Fox News Successfully Painted AZ Shooter As Hitler, Marx Devotee | TPMDC (angryindian.blogspot.com)
- Bill Maher: Jared Loughner’s Chalkboard Likely Looks Like Glenn Beck’s Chalkboard (mediaite.com)
- Is Jared Loughner a Right-Wing Extremist? (alternet.org)
- After Giffords shooting, left and right fingers both point wrong way (secularnewsdaily.com)
- MJ Rosenberg: Top Jewish Historian on Glenn Beck’s Jewish Problem (huffingtonpost.com)