As revealed in Talking Points Memo:
“I think the tools that President Bush put into place — GITMO, rendition, enhanced interrogation, the vast effort to collect and collate this information — obviously served his successor quite well,” former Bush adviser Karl Rove said on Fox News.
Also on Fox News, Bush’s one-time Chief of Staff Andrew Card claimed his former boss “made sure that everything was in place so that President Obama could have an opportunity to — to get Osama bin Laden, and it finally happened.”
- Right Strains To Praise Bush, Minimize Obama, For Bin Laden Death (alan.com)
- Bush Praised For Order He Never Gave (eleftheria64.wordpress.com)
- “If a Republican were in office right now, Osama bin Laden would still be in his compound, burning trash and slowly dying of old age.” (slog.thestranger.com)
- Osama bin Laden Killing Closes a Chapter But Not the Book (themoderatevoice.com)
- Will Obama Break Down And Give Bush Some Credit For Bin Laden Kill? (nicedeb.wordpress.com)