“We’re making the Earth a more dynamic and violent place. … We’re trapping more of the sun’s energy in this narrow envelope of atmosphere, and that’s now expressing itself in many ways. We don’t know for sure that any particular tornado comes from climate change. There have always been tornadoes. We do know that we’re seeing epic levels of thunderstorm activity, of flooding, of drought, of all the things that climatologists have been warning us about.”
Something else we are not doing anything about…don’t you wonder, as Amy Goodman says, “Why aren’t the TV meteorologists, with each story, following the words ‘extreme weather‘ with another two, ‘climate change’?”
Elly and I have cut down on our electricity use, kept our driving to necessities only, and kept the air conditioner off unless the heat becomes unbearable. We try to buy products from companies who have a positive carbon reduction plan as well.
Now all we need is politicians to get behind this as well and keep their great lobbying energy company supporters (are you listening Rockefeller, Manchin, Capito?) at bay. Right now, it doesn’t look like it.
This, I feel, is a really unfortunate side of Obama’s administration.
- Inside Obama’s “Orwellian World” Where Whistleblowing Has Become Espionage: The Case of Thomas Drake (dandelionsalad.wordpress.com)
- NSA whistleblower on Espionage Act indictment (cbsnews.com)
- Justice’s Case Against Tom Drake: Flawed Arguments and Broader Systemic Issues (pogoblog.typepad.com)
- Inside The N.S.A (pinkbananaworld.com)
- New Yorker Sheds New Light on NSA’s Warrantless Wiretapping and Data Mining (wired.com)
- Thursday Reads (skydancingblog.com)