From Right Wing Watch:
Fred Jackson, the American Family Association’s news director, while discussing the Colorado movie theater shooting today said that liberal Christian churches and liberal media helped contribute to violent incidents by supposedly deemphasizing the fear of God and the Bible.
During AFA Today, Jackson had on as his guest Jerry Newcombe of Truth in Action Ministries to discuss his column on the AFA’s OneNewsNow blaming the shooting on a waning fear of God and Hell, and blamed the American Civil Liberties Union for destroying the public school system by supposedly forbidding students from reading the Bible. “You wonder why all these terrible things are happening to us when there is no fear of God,” Newcombe said.
Jackson maintained that unlike in the communities of forty years ago, liberals in the media and churches, along with movies and the internet, have “have come together to give us these kinds of incidents.”
Later in the program, Jackson and co-host Teddy James of AFA Journal said the shooting is a sign of God’s judgment for the failings of the public education system and liberal, mainline Protestant churches that affirm gays and lesbians.
Maybe you understand why I have so little respect for right wing Christianity. What mystifies me is that there are people who believe this bullshit.
- Evangelical radio host: ‘Tax the atheists who don’t go to church’ (rawstory.com)
- Lawrence O’Donnell Pokes Fun at AFA’s Buster Wilson for Mulling Google Boycott (rightwingwatch.org)
- A prayerful response to the Colorado shootings (prayerfullivingnewsblog.wordpress.com)
- AFA Blames Gays For Penn States’ Coverup Of Sandusky Crimes (lezgetreal.com)
- AFA Wants To Boycott Google. Good Luck With That, Fellas! (queerty.com)