Remember last week when the Republicans put up black, woman, hispanic and other speakers (in front of the virtually all white audience) and said their convention represented a much more diverse America than the Democrats ever could? Well, they ought to take a look at a convention where the speakers AND the conventioneers are made up out of a great mix of Americans.
“This is truly the most diverse, the most open, the most transparent, the most exciting convention we’re about to undertake. It is big, it is bold, it is beautiful, it is America.”
– Alice Germond, Democratic National Committee Secretary
“We’re doing things a little different than the Republicans. A lot more delegates, Latino delegates, African Americans, women. In addition to having very prominent roles like the keynote speaker, and in my case chairing the convention, you’ll also see that our platform reflects our values.
“The face of our party will reflect the values of our party”
– Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa, Convention Chairman
Makes me proud to be a Democrat.
- DNC theme: Building economy from middle out (charlotteobserver.com)
- Villaraigosa Touts Diversity as Half Democratic Delegates Women – Bloomberg (bloomberg.com)
- Obama, Democrats to make their case as convention opens (reuters.com)
- In a Switch, GOP’s Speakers Highlight Diversity (cornhusker4palin.newsvine.com)
- DNC 2012, by the numbers (politico.com)
- NBC’s Chuck Todd: ‘Democrats Wish They Had The Diversity’ Of The GOP (mediaite.com)
- Open, accesible and diverse, versus secret, exclusive and white (proseandthorn.wordpress.com)
This is from MoveOn.org:
Forget, momentarily, that he once tried to relate to a group of black teens by asking them, “Who let the dogs out?”
Forget all that for just a moment, and focus on this:
So now that you know, what’s your best reason not to trust the Mittster?
- Romney On NAACP Booing: If They Want More Free Stuff From The Government Vote Obama (mediaite.com)
- NAACP Official: Romney ‘Flew In’ His Own Blacks to Cheer NAACP Speech (atlantablackstar.com)
- Romney Accused of Racism After Saying NAACP Wants ‘Free Stuff’ (nymag.com)
- Who Was Romney Really Speaking To At The NAACP? (andrewsullivan.thedailybeast.com)
- Romney On NAACP Booers: They’re Freeloaders (thinkprogress.org)
- Romney Courts the White Vote by Talking to the NAACP (motherjones.com)
- Romney Brags About NAACP Boos, Says They Want “Free Stuff” So Should “Vote For The Other Guy” (alan.com)
- Romney Race-Baits after NAACP Speech (rawstory.com)