Both my daughters, Cassandra and Penny, are at Penny’s house for Easter with all my grandsons. So that’s where I am this morning.
Page won’t even come up. Anyway, here I am stumbling my way through.
We’re all going over to Blue Moon for lunch, then Cassandra, Matthew, and my grandson, Milo, are heading back on the 4-hour drive to Connecticut. Milo has school tomorrow and they need to get back early enough so he gets some sleep tonite.
Elly and I, of course, don’t really celebrate Easter, being certified non-believers, but seeing the kids ransack their Easter baskets is a treat. I grew up in the Easter season when mu father sold Easter baskets in his drugstore and we set up at home for about a month making them… filling them with candy and a big chocolate rabbit in the middle, then putting colored cellophane and a bow on them. What I remember most, heh heh, was sneaking into the dining room where we made the baskets, and taking candies from the stacks and stacks of boxes we got from the distributor. And there was a HUGE box of loose jellybeans… my favorite… to grab a handful from.
I look at that now from my position as an aging diabetic and realize that I’ve gotten my just reward.
I’ll be back later to update the blog.
- If There’s Chocolate, It Must Be Easter (cathylwood.wordpress.com)
- Happy Easter! (icccompositionpage.wordpress.com)
- The Easter Bunny just doesn’t make sense (fruitcakenation.wordpress.com)
- Watch The Easter Horror Short ‘THE EASTER BUNNY IS EATING MY CANDY’ (geektyrant.com)
- What’s on Your Bucket List? (tuesday2.wordpress.com)