Category Archives: dumb candidates
The President’s Veterans Job Corps Act of 2012 would have spent $1 billion over five years to put veterans to work tending to federal lands, and in the nation’s police and fire departments. Created by Sen. Patty Murray (D-WA), it was based on FDR’s Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC). Republicans say they opposed the bill because there is no proof that it would work. Forty Republican members of the United States Senate betrayed veterans when they decided that denying President Obama a victory was more important than spending $1 billion to create jobs for vets.
It doesn’t matter to most Senate Republicans that the CCC put 2.5 million people to work. When confronted with an actual jobs program for America’s vets, including the 220,000 who served in Iraq and Afghanistan, the majority of Republicans claimed the plan, which was already offset, was too expensive.
This is all part of Mitch McConnell’s stated goal to let Obama accomplish nothing. In so doing, he has made America worse. Here’s hoping vets in Kentucky make sure he loses the election.
- Meet the 40 Senate Republicans Who Betrayed Veterans By Killing $1 Billion in Jobs (politicususa.com)
- Senate Republicans kill veterans jobs bill (dailykos.com)
- G.O.P. Blocks Veteran Jobs Bill (takingnote.blogs.nytimes.com)
- Republicans Axe Veterans’ Jobs Bill, Prove Zero Interest In Job Creation (addictinginfo.org)
- Senate veterans jobs bill held hostage by crazy person (dailykos.com)
- Blame It on Mitch (thedailybeast.com)
- Taking Note: Republicans Obstruct Veterans Job Corps Act (takingnote.blogs.nytimes.com)
- Jobs bill for veterans stalled by partisan fight (bangordailynews.com)
That video from the secret fundraiser is sure providing tons of revelations of the presidential talents of Mitt Romney – or the fact that there are no such talents present.
Here is a statement that gives us a real view of how he sees tyhe middle east:
“If I were Iran – a crazed fanatic, I’d say let’s get a little fissile material to Hezbollah, have them carry it to Chicago, and then if anything goes wrong, or America starts acting up, we’ll just say, “Guess what? Unless you stand down, why, we’re going to let off a dirty bomb. I mean this is where we have – where America could be held up and blackmailed by Iran, by the mullahs, by crazy people. So we don’t have any option but to keep Iran from having a nuclear weapon.”
– Mitt Romney
Hey… I’ll bet he’ll start another war if he gets the chance. Let’s not give it to him.
- Magazine: Romney suggested Iran could threaten Chicago with ‘dirty bomb’ – Chicago Sun-Times (suntimes.com)
- Romney Wants To Attack Iran To Prevent A Dirty Bomb (thedailybeast.com)
- Hidden Camera Video Shows Mitt Romney Is A Dangerously Gullible Mark (mediaite.com)
- Mitt Romney does not understand how one creates a “dirty bomb” (boingboing.net)
- Hidden Camera Video: Romney on Iran, Israel-Palestine (antiwar.com)
- SECRET VIDEO: On Israel, Romney Trashes Two-State Solution (motherjones.com)
- Magazine: Romney suggested Iran could threaten Chicago with ‘dirty bomb’ (suntimes.com)
- Mitt Romney struggles to keep on track as further video revelations emerge (telegraph.co.uk)
Huffington Post is now reporting the debate will be on October 6 at 8 pm ET. There will be a fee ($4.95) for the livestream, with half the proceeds going to charity. HuffPo has a video of O’Reilly announcing the debate, and Stewart has also made an announcement.
- Bill O’Reilly and Jon Stewart to debate (politico.com)
- Jon Stewart, Bill O’Reilly to Debate (abcnews.go.com)
- Jon Stewart to debate Bill O’Reilly on October 6 (piedtype.com)
- Fox News’ O’Reilly announces 90 min. debate with Jon Stewart (theblaze.com)
- Video: Jon Stewart to Debate Bill O’Reilly Oct. 6 (boiseweekly.com)
- Bill O’Reilly To Take On Jon Stewart In Mock Presidential Debate (m.deadline.com)
Romney better take a good look st the Republican south when insulting half of their population.
- Dear Republicans Defending Romney’s 47% Remarks: He Was Talking About You (politicususa.com)
- The other 47 percent (newsobserver.com)
- Who Are Mitt Romney’s 47%? – Politics – The Atlantic Wire (theatlanticwire.com)
- Mitt Romney Attempts To Explain Himself After Insulting 47% Of Americans (perezhilton.com)
- Romney was right – the 47% will never vote for him (illinoisreview.typepad.com)
- Romney and the 47 per cent (blogs.ft.com)
- VIDEO: Mitt Romney Responds to ’47 Percent’ Comment, Says It Wasn’t “Elegantly Stated” (foxnewsinsider.com)