Category Archives: dumb candidates
Remember Eric Hartsburg? He was paid $15,000 to get a five inch Romney campaign tattoo on his face. Hartsburg did it as an auction. His only requirement for bidding on the ‘ad space’ was that it could not be racist or offensive.
“I’m the guy who has egg all over his face, but instead of egg, it’s a big Romney/Ryan tattoo. It’s there for life.
“I’m hoping this opens some other doors in the entertainment business.”
Hmmm. Opening doors in the entertainment business? I was trying to think of a situation where that would be possible, outside of a film about Romney’s loss… not something I see much of a market for. Perhaps the logo could be sold to an auto manufacturer (Rolls Royce?) and Hartsman could become a car dealer’s mascot.
How much do you want to bet that Hartsman will be whining about the tattoo to his grandchildren.
- Man Who Tattooed Romney Logo Onto Forehead Speaks Out (huffingtonpost.com)
- Romney campaign’s lasting mark (politico.com)
- Indiana man stuck with Romney face tattoo (thegrio.com)
- From the Dept. of Regrettable Tattoos: The Romney Ryan Logo (towleroad.com)
- Fan Tattoos Romney Logo On His Face (mix1041.cbslocal.com)
- Man With Romney Tattoo on His Face is ‘Disappointed,’ Tries to Look on the Bright Side (nymag.com)
- Interview with a Man Who Got a Romney/Ryan Face Tattoo (slog.thestranger.com)
This was on NBC:
“From the moment Mitt Romney stepped off stage Tuesday night, having just delivered a brief concession speech he wrote only that evening, the massive infrastructure surrounding his campaign quickly began to disassemble itself.
Aides taking cabs home late that night got rude awakenings when they found the credit cards linked to the campaign no longer worked.”
No trickle up…guess that falls in line with trickle down. Obama spent most of the night praising and supporting his campaign workers.
- Mitt Romney Cancelled Campaign Staff’s Credit Cards During His Concession Speech (thesuperficial.com)
- Mitt Romney’s Campaign Cancels Staffers Credit Cards In The Middle Of The Night (forbes.com)
- Romney staffers stranded when campaign killed credit cards on election night (rawstory.com)
- When Little Rich Boys (Mitt Romney) Do Not Get Their Way It Is Brutal (dekerivers.wordpress.com)
- Obama’s Address to His Staff on Tuesday Night: “I’m Really Proud of All of You” (littlegreenfootballs.com)
- Romney’s Campaign Staff Stranded On Election Night With Cancelled Credit Cards (ibtimes.com)
That is a good question, after looking at this article in the Bloomberg News. Here’s a clip:
Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney said in May that he’d written off votes from 47 percent of Americans who are collecting government aid. Turns out many of them are part of his political base.
Seventy percent of counties with the fastest-growth in food-stamp aid during the last four years voted for the Republican presidential candidate in 2008, according to U.S. Department of Agriculture data compiled by Bloomberg. They include Republican strongholds like King County, Texas, which in 2008 backed Republican John McCain by 92.6 percent, his largest share in the nation; and fast-growing Douglas County, Colorado.That means Romney is counting on votes from areas where lower-income people have become more reliant on the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, known as food stamps.
Let’s see how it really fits his base support. Get the word out!
- Republican-Heavy Counties Eat Up Most Food-Stamp Growth – Bloomberg (bloomberg.com)
- Terry O’Neill: The Romney-Ryan Budget: Reward the Rich, Punish the Rest (huffingtonpost.com)
- Romney attacked over climate change as activists tap post-Sandy concerns (guardian.co.uk)
…the one blog I try to view every day. This is a video that Lisa put together Called “Back in the Good Old Days” which is a good indicator that Romney will bring Bushiness back to us.
Hope you enjoy it. I sure did!
Life seems to be very hard for these folks. Listen to the big amount of Romney lies they have ingested like vitamins:
How do you live with these people… these utterly stupid an misinformed people?
- Ohio Mitt Romney Supporters Don’t Know Mitt Romney (bungalowbillscw.blogspot.com)
- Obama goes after Romney’s Jeep ad (cbsnews.com)
- NBC’s Ohio Poll: 45% of Likely Voters Conservative, 23% Liberal–And Obama’s Up 6 (cnsnews.com)
Much of the nation is reeling from Superstorm Sandy. As families rebuild from Sandy’s destruction, our thoughts are with the victims of this horrific, fossil-fueled storm.
When Gov. Mitt Romney made climate change a punch line at the Republican National Convention, he mocked a real threat to the lives of Americans.
We can’t let Mitt get away with his laughing dismissal of the threat of rising seas caused by the carbon polluters who fund his campaign. Share this ad with friends and family to tell Romney: climate change isn’t a joke.
Thanks to Climate Silence.org.
Well, let’s hear what Mike Wallace found out about the sacred underwear:
Are you convinced? Of course, Romney or his supporters have yet to criticize Obama‘s relatively ordinary underwear.
(Thanx to Caffeinated Politics.)
- Despite his faith, Mitt hasn’t necessarily nailed the Mormon vote (o.canada.com)
- Using Mitt To Sell Magical Mormon Underwear (thedailybeast.com)
- Mormon Says Romneys Are Leading Church Into Mainstream (thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com)
- Website uses Romneys to sell Mormon undies (news.com.au)
- If Mormons move into the White House… (religion.blogs.cnn.com)
First of all, he would have discarded FEMA as a Federal Agency and given the costs and responsibilities back to the states or to private enterprise. I’ll bet governors up and down the east cost would not be thrilled to lose the federal support.
I guess that means what President Obama is doing now to aid the various states in preserving life and helping states is “immoral.” Tell that to Republican New Jersey Governor Chris Christie who as already come out praising Obama and thanking him for making federal funds and FEMA available… and being available to him by phone for any future problems. I’ll bet Christie is glad that it is Obama and not Romney who is on the other end of the phone call:
“I appreciated the president’s outreach today in making sure that we know he’s watching this and is concerned about the health and welfare and safety of the people of the state of New Jersey.”
– Gov. Chris Christie, (R) NJ
- Obama, Romney, suspend campaigning as hurricane Sandy bears down on East Coast (vancouversun.com)
- Hurricane Sandy Update: President Obama Signs New Jersey Emergency Declaration (keansburgpress.wordpress.com)
- Video: Clinton, Biden on Hurricane Sandy (cbsnews.com)
- Sandy Is the Most Important Swing Voter (theatlanticwire.com)
- President Obama signs emergency declaration for entire Mid-Atlantic region (examiner.com)
- Why Romney’s not ready for Hurricane Sandy (tv.msnbc.com)
- Romney may regret ‘privatize’ FEMA remarks in face of Sandy destruction (tv.msnbc.com)
- Obama visits FEMA, says Hurricane Sandy resources “are in place” (cbsnews.com)
- Romney: Privatize FEMA, Federal Disaster Relief Spending “Immoral” (rodonline.typepad.com)
- Emergency/Disaster Management – the politics (recoverydiva.com)
Secretary of State under George W. Bush, Colin Powell, had retired Army Col. Lawrence Wilkerson as a Chief of Staff. Wilkerson made this comment in response to John Sununu‘s statement on Thursday that Powell’s endorsement of President Barack Obama’s re-election was motivated by race:
“My party is full of racists, and the real reason a considerable portion of my party wants President Obama out of the White House has nothing to do with the content of his character, nothing to do with his competence as commander-in-chief and president, and everything to do with the color of his skin, and that’s despicable.”
– Col. Lawrence Wilkerson
And there are people who want these guys elected… why? We worked so hard for decades to establish the civil rights of all Americans. It was a triumph to elect our first black president and Obama has made significant achievements in his first term, even though he faced Republicans in the Congress who publicly pledged to keep his agenda from being passed.
Voting for Republicans in this election endorses their racial views. Do you?
- Col. Lawrence Wilkerson says his party the Republican party is full of Racists (americanlivewire.com)
- Lawrence Wilkerson, Former Colin Powell Aide, Blasts Sununu, GOP As ‘Full Of Racists’ (democraticunderground.com)
- Col Lawrence Wilkerson On Republican Party: My Party Is Full Of Racists (ireport.cnn.com)
- Powell’s former chief of staff: I’m voting for Obama too (tv.msnbc.com)
- Video | Colonel Lawrence Wilkerson: “My Party Is Full Of Racist” (3chicspolitico.com)
- Romney campaign so desperate to change subject from Mourdock that they accuse Colin Powell of racism (dailykos.com)
- A Candid Republican Tells The Truth About Racism In His Party (duanegraham.wordpress.com)
- Sununu: Powell endorsed President Obama because of race (thehill.com)
- White Elephants (boyculture.com)
- Honesty – From the Mouth of a Conservative – Finally! (With Video Link) (euterpe-1641499.newsvine.com)
Check these out, some of them have changed around since this morning:
Colorado: Obama 47%, Romney 46% (Purple Strategies)
Florida: Romney 50%, Obama 48% (Rasmussen)
Iowa: Obama 50%, Romney 46% (Gravis)
Nevada: Obama 50%, Romney 49% (Gravis)
North Carolina: Romney 48%, Obama 47% (Civitas)
Ohio: Obama 46%, Romney 44% (Purple Strategies)
Ohio: Obama 50%, Romney 46% (CNN/ORC)
Virginia: Obama 48%, Romney 48% (Newsmax/Zogby)
Wisconsin: Obama 49%, Romney 49% (Rasmussen)
The Friskey has published a Handy Dandy Guide with a great chart. Isn’t it amazing how these men don’t seem to ever have asked a woman what being raped and/or getting pregnant from it means? The Friskey comments on the gentlemen in the chart:
“I have such a hard time remembering which conservative politician said what ridiculously offensive thing about rape. They’re all old and white and most of them are in some state of partial baldness. They all look the same! And they all sound basically the same too, given that woman-hating bile spews from their open pie holes. Alas, they are all individual people, who hold or have held positions of power within government, and aspire to inflict their beliefs upon your life.”
You know, there are people who listen to and agree with these terrible concepts and who admire all five of these Republicans. You can bet Mitt and his buddy Ryan are included in these.
I will be amazed when someone comes out with the statistic after the election of how many women voted Republican. It is as if they would enjoy being treated like cattle.
- Obama slams Mourdock: “Rape is rape” (blogs.suntimes.com)
- RAPE “that’s something God intended” GOP Senate Candidate Tells Women (theageofblasphemy.wordpress.com)
- Shady Pennsylvania Republicans Pass New Law Requiring Women To Prove They Were Raped! (bossip.com)
- Meet The Mourdocks: The Other Republicans Pushing To Block Abortions For Rape Victims (thinkprogress.org)
- Introducing ‘Emergency Rape’, This Season’s Hottest Rape Trend [Video] (jezebel.com)
- The real Republican rape platform | Jill Filipovic (guardian.co.uk)
A new television ad in Indiana has Romney endorsing Richard Mourdock for Senator in that state. Mourdock, however, has displayed the Republicans‘ opposition to women and the right to choose. In a televised debate with his Democratic opponent Representative Joe Donnelly, he opposed abortion as a choice after rape… why? because God says so:
“Life is that gift from God. I think that even when life begins in that horrible situation of rape, that it is something God intended to happen.”
— Richard Mourdock
So this is a new and compelling reason (if you are a Republican) to leave raped women pregnant whether they want to bear a rapist‘s child or not. And, of course, Romney’s support indicates his actual neoconservative leanings, despite having tried to seem moderate in the last debate.
It’s hard to believe that any of these candidates would top Todd Akin, but Mourdock certainly has.
- Ind. GOP Senate candidate Richard Mourdock: Pregnancy from rape can be ‘something that God intended to happen’ – @washingtonpost (washingtonpost.com)
- Richard Mourdock under fire for rape remarks (politico.com)
- Mourdock: God at work when rape leads to pregnancy (news.yahoo.com)
- Video: Indiana Senate Candidate Richard Mourdock Says Pregnancy is a “Gift From God” Even in Rape (opposingviews.com)
- Indiana Republican: When life begins from rape, “God intended” it (reuters.com)
- GOP U.S. Senate Candidate Calls Rape Pregnancies A ‘Gift From God’ (thinkprogress.org)
- Mourdock: God at work when rape leads to pregnancy (sfgate.com)
- Indiana GOP U.S. Senate candidate Mourdock: rape pregnancies “something that God intended to happen” (blogs.suntimes.com)
If you are interested in Ann Romney‘s response to Whoopi Goldberg on The View (which Mitt avoided making an appearance on… scared of Whoopi apparently) when she brought up the fact that Mitt hadn’t served his country in the Viet Nam War, take a look at this statement:
“Mitt certainly did serve his country during the war. He just served in a different way than most during that period. Sure, while many poor and minority young people were involuntarily drafted and soon found themselves knee-deep in cholera-infested rice paddies, you must remember that Mitt was also in a difficult spot serving Jesus, who as everyone knows made a special trip to America.”
“He roamed around the mean streets of Paris, riding a bike, and looking like a royal imbecile. You think he looks ridiculously uncool now, you should have seen him then! And it was a real hell-hole. Of course, he wasn’t being shot at or tripping any landmines, but he had to eat at 3 star restaurants! And he was doing just as important of a job as the Army was when they were fighting for Jesus and America.”
“He was out trying to baptize people in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Do you know how hard it is to get anyone to swallow this ridiculous shit? Especially French people! They’ve got all of this good food, wine, and they just LOVE to smoke and have sex all of the time. And you have to tell them to give that stuff up! Darn near impossible! Well, you don’t tell them that right away, only after you get them baptized. We aren’t idiots, you know!”
“So I’d like everyone in the media to stop pretending that Mitt didn’t serve during the war. He baptized 103 Frenchies by all by himself. How many conversions did any of those so-called “soldiers” perform? I rest my case.”
Hey… did you ever think of how dangerous it is to eat in 3-star restaurants?
Thanks to Ye Olde Soapbox for leading me to this one.
- Whoopi Goldberg faces Twitter hate after Ann Romney ‘View’ interview (thegrio.com)
- Whoopi shut down by Ann Romney on ‘The View’ (abc4.com)
- Ann Romney Thinks a Mormon Mission is the Same as Serving in the Military (politicususa.com)
- Whoopi Presses Ann Romney On Sons’ Lack Of Military Service: Does Mormonism Not Allow It? (mediaite.com)
- Whoopi Goldberg to Ann Romney: Hey, isn’t it true that Mormons don’t serve in the military? (hotair.com)
- Ann Romney: Mormon missions and U.S. military are ‘different ways of serving’ (rawstory.com)
- Awkward Moment Between Ann Romney and Whoopi Goldberg on “The View” (newstalkcleveland.com)
I guess Romney doesn’t realize that Iran has it’s own coastlines and doesn’t need Syria to get to the sea. Fortunately, Obama pointed this out to him, making the debate a part of Romney’s education.
- Romney praises Obama foreign policy rather than burying it (reuters.com)
- The final presidential debate: 4 memorable moments (VIDEO) (washingtonpost.com)
- Watch: Obama: Romney Proposes ‘Wrong and Reckless Policies’ (abcnews.go.com)
- Poll: Ahead of third debate, Obama leads on foreign policy (cbsnews.com)
- Romney’s muddled Middle Eastern geography (themoderatevoice.com)
Becoming comedians in the support of Catholic Charities at last night’s Al Smith Dinner in NYC, the candidates made fun of each other and of themselves. Here are their respective speeches in their entirety:
- Obama, Romney Trade Zingers at Al Smith Dinner (5min.com)
- An Evening With the Cardinal at the Al Smith Dinner (Not So Grievously Bad) (biltrix.com)
- Video: Cardinal Dolan hosts Obama and Romney at the Al Smith dinner… (c-span.org)
- Mitt Romney’s Wows The Crowd At The Al Smith Dinner~~He Is An True American Patriot! (sallyspoliticalpage.wordpress.com)
- Obama Roasts Himself, Jabs At Romney And Even Elbows Chris Matthews During Al Smith Dinner (mediaite.com)
Here are 4 samples of what I’m referring to:
Science and Space Committee? Intelligence Committee? How do these mini-brains get put on committees they don’t seem to have any intellectual connection with?
If statements like these keep them from being re-elected to the House, then I’ll have a much better vision of the voting public. I don’t count on it, however.
- When Romney questions Obama’s achievements, remember what the Congress did to most of his proposals. (underthelobsterscope.wordpress.com)
- April Russo: GOP Sen. says he will cut scientific funding because scientists read too much (examiner.com)
- “I respect and will protect a woman’s right to choose.” ~ Mitt Romney
- “I never really called myself pro-choice.” ~ Mitt Romney
- “Roe v. Wade has gone too far.” ~ Mitt Romney
- “I believe that since Roe v. Wade has been the law for 20 years we should sustain and support it.” ~ Mitt Romney
- “When I am asked if I am pro-choice or pro-life, I say I refuse to accept either label.” ~ Well. There seems to be a ring of truth in that one.
- “Immigrants should have a chance to obtain citizenship.” ~ Mitt Romney
- “I think there should be no special pathway to citizenship. I feel that’s the course we ought to take.” ~ Mitt Romney
- “I mean, I say that jokingly, but it would be helpful to be Latino.” ~ Mitt Romney
- “I have a gun of my own. I go hunting myself. I’m a member of the NRA and believe firmly in the right to bear arms.” ~ Mitt Romney
- “I don’t personally own a gun. My son does.” ~ Mitt Romney
- “I think the global warming debate is now pretty much over and people recognize the need associated with providing sources which do not generate the heat that is currently provided by fossil fuels …” ~ Mitt Romney
- “I have to tell you with regards to global warming that that’s something, which, you’re right, the scientists haven’t entirely resolved…” ~ Yep. Him again.
- “This is a campaign about the 100 percent.” ~ Mitt Romney
- “There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what… My job is not to worry about those people. I’ll never convince them they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives.” ~ Some guy who looks an awful lot like Mitt Romney
How can anyone believe any position Romney takes?
- I wonder which Mitt Romney will show up at the debate tonight? The one who talks out of the left side or the right side of his mouth? (margaretandhelen.com)
- Are Women Voters Really Abandoning Democrats? Not So Fast (point4counterpoint.wordpress.com)
- “Mitt Romney The Product”: A New Romney Appears On A Monthly, Weekly And Sometimes Daily Basis (mykeystrokes.com)
- Mitt Romney debates himself, round 2 (dailykos.com)
- Mitt Romney’s Constantly Evolving Stance On Abortion Rights (thinkprogress.org)
- Is he pro-life, pro-choice, or just pro-Mitt? – Boston Globe (bostonglobe.com)
So Biden kept his presence and Ryan kept up his lies…
– and –
It is clear Biden chewed him up…
And, of course, the lowering of the jobless rate throws a scare into Republicans for Halloween…
Lee Judge in the Kansas City Star:
And more numbers are getting into the election confusion…
Do you wonder why Ryan wants to take away our government support and replace it with advertising?
– and –
Kevin Siers in the Charlotte Observer:
But we are left with a candidate who can be anything we want…but with no substance.
It looks like Romney is gaining an advantage… we’ll be seeing in a couple of days what last night’s VP debate does to the calculations, but meanwhile we are here:
Florida: Romney 51%, Obama 47% (Rasmussen)
No, they aren’t the only polls and we’ll be seeing more later. And lets remember from the Seymour Chwast cartoon above, Romney changes ground frequently.
Like on the question of abortion and a woman’s right to choose:
It’s too bad this is funny, because it’s really very disturbing. To elect a man President we have to confirm our trust in what he believes in and what he says about those beliefs.
Romney leaves us confused. If you vote for him you get what you deserve.
- Newly Moderate Mitt Romney Says He Won’t Pursue Abortion Laws (theatlanticwire.com)
- Mitt Romney Abortion Stance Changes, As Candidate Says He Won’t Push To Restrict Access (democraticunderground.com)
- Romney promises no abortion legislation (news.yahoo.com)
- Romney Abortion Quote Angers Dems (abcnews.go.com)
- “Reproductive Autonomy Is A Privilege”: Why The Culture War Is Crushing Mitt Romney (mykeystrokes.com)
Mitt‘s lies are full of S—T.
That is a characterization of the content of his speeches, not of his person. To dramatize how Obama supporters view Mitt’s words, I propose that each of us mail a sample of Ex-Lax or equal to Mitt at this address:
If you agree that this a good idea, please reblog this message so that as many people as possible see it.
What a good idea! The press is being informed about this and the more who participate, the more fun we will all have. At the same time, make a cash equivalent donation to Obama’s campaign at www.barackobama.com.
When you send Mitt his present, write “EX-LAX for Mitt” on the outside of the package so that even if they don’t open it at the Romney campaign they will know what it is. 🙂
- Ex-Lax for Mitt (bell-book-candle.com)
- Ex-Lax for Mitt (theobamacrat.com)
- Mitt Romney Is No Match For… Mitt Romney! (perezhilton.com)
- Lyin Mitt Is Still UnFitt (theobamacrat.com)
- Why Romney Avoids Massachusetts (drudge.com)
- Mitt Romney: From The People Who Brought You The Iraq War (thedailybanter.com)
Take a look at the current numbers:
Michigan: Obama 48%, Romney 45% (EPIC-MRA)
Looks like Obama is retaking the lead he had yesterday. Even two of the Rasmussen polls, which are the most conservative of all the polling organizations, are putting Obama back into the lead.
- Latest Swing State Polls show Obama ahead in 5 out of 6… (underthelobsterscope.wordpress.com)
So what is memorable from the debate?
– and –
Are the issues food or labor?
– and –
Did you see them serve up their achievements or potentials?
– and –
Clay bennet in the Chattanooga Times Free Press:
As displayed by his announcement to cure the deficit by dropping PBS and Big Bird.
– and –
Gary McCoy for Universal Press Syndicate:
Oh well… Halloween is coming. Do you think we can forget politics for a while?
- Cartoon: Decision 2012 (englishblog.com)
(Thanks to All Hat, No Cattle for putting this one up.)
- Bill Maher: Can We Stop Pretending The Economy Is A ‘Complete Shambles’? (mediaite.com)
- Chris Matthews tells Bill Maher panel: Mitt Romney is running a ‘racist’ campaign (rawstory.com)
Well, the numbers have moved, for the most part in Romney’s favor. It’s amazing what an evening of lies can bring you.
Here are the latest polls from the battleground states, updated as need throughout the day:
Ohio: Obama 50%, Romney 49% (Rasmussen)
Virginia: Romney 48%, Obama 45% (We Ask America)
***Another Poll Update***
National: Obama 47 Romney 47
Florida: Obama 47 Romney 46
Virginia: Obama 48 Romney 46
(Source: National Journal, NBC/WSJ/Marist)
The question has been raised, however, did Romney cheat on the debate. No pre-written notes were allowed at the presidential debate but a video clip shows Mitt Romney pulling something from his pocket at the start of the debate.
The Romney campaign says it was a handkerchief. Take a look and see what you think:
Looks like Romney blows his nose in paper.
- How the debate changed things (and how it didn’t) (washingtonpost.com)
- Obama plays catch-up after TV debate (bigpondnews.com)
- Obama looking to change debate (bigpondnews.com)
- Obama seeks to change debate (bigpondnews.com)
- Polls: Obama crushing Romney with swing-state Hispanics (thehill.com)
- Three Reasons Romney Lost the Debate, by @DavidOAtkins (digbysblog.blogspot.com)