The Final Results of the Election…
If you haven’t seen where everything finally ended up after Florida was called (which took an awfully long time and right up to the very end the GOP said Romney had it… but he didn’t), then here it is:
Now we will listen to Boehner claim that he is ready to cooperate, but will keep the House just a opposed to increasing taxes on the very rich and solving the rest of the economic problems. Will the House Republicans finally support Obama’s goal to increase jobs? Looks like they are going to stay just as opposed. Didn’t they learn anything from the election?
Mitch McConnell will probably keep the Republicans in the Senate from letting things go through, although they are still in the minority. McConnell is up for reelection in Kentucky in 2014, so maybe he will cooperate a little bit just to show that he’s not a schmuck. We’ll wait and see.
- Boehner and McConnell Dissed Obama on Election Night – Refused Phone Calls from the President, Claiming They Were Asleep (pensitoreview.com)
- Mitch McConnell and John Boehner’s strategy worked (washingtonpost.com)
- Obama Tried To Call Mitch McConnell And John Boehner On Election Night, But They Lied That They Were Sleeping (tribuneofthepeople.com)
- McConnell warns Obama on taxes (politico.com)
- McConnell (kind of) promises to work with Obama (tv.msnbc.com)
- Mitch McConnell offers a helpful reminder of why Senate Democrats must reform the filibuster now (dailykos.com)
- Boehner suggests Republicans will Accept More Revenue, Work Together (he must not have met Mitch McConnell) (freakoutnation.com)
- Election Gave Obama and Boehner Chance for a Do-Over – Bloomberg (bloomberg.com)
- Obama’s mandate (wnd.com)
Posted on November 9, 2012, in Announcement, budget, campaign, Congress, Economics, election, ethics, government, Labor, Legal, News, Opinion, Politics, Polls, President Obama, quote, Taxes, vote, Word from Bill and tagged Barack Obama, Florida, John Boehner, Kentucky, Mitch McConnell, Obama, Republican, Senate. Bookmark the permalink. Comments Off on The Final Results of the Election….