Suppose Romney was President now, during Sandy…
First of all, he would have discarded FEMA as a Federal Agency and given the costs and responsibilities back to the states or to private enterprise. I’ll bet governors up and down the east cost would not be thrilled to lose the federal support.
I guess that means what President Obama is doing now to aid the various states in preserving life and helping states is “immoral.” Tell that to Republican New Jersey Governor Chris Christie who as already come out praising Obama and thanking him for making federal funds and FEMA available… and being available to him by phone for any future problems. I’ll bet Christie is glad that it is Obama and not Romney who is on the other end of the phone call:
“I appreciated the president’s outreach today in making sure that we know he’s watching this and is concerned about the health and welfare and safety of the people of the state of New Jersey.”
– Gov. Chris Christie, (R) NJ
- Obama, Romney, suspend campaigning as hurricane Sandy bears down on East Coast (vancouversun.com)
- Hurricane Sandy Update: President Obama Signs New Jersey Emergency Declaration (keansburgpress.wordpress.com)
- Video: Clinton, Biden on Hurricane Sandy (cbsnews.com)
- Sandy Is the Most Important Swing Voter (theatlanticwire.com)
- President Obama signs emergency declaration for entire Mid-Atlantic region (examiner.com)
- Why Romney’s not ready for Hurricane Sandy (tv.msnbc.com)
- Romney may regret ‘privatize’ FEMA remarks in face of Sandy destruction (tv.msnbc.com)
- Obama visits FEMA, says Hurricane Sandy resources “are in place” (cbsnews.com)
- Romney: Privatize FEMA, Federal Disaster Relief Spending “Immoral” (rodonline.typepad.com)
- Emergency/Disaster Management – the politics (recoverydiva.com)
Posted on October 29, 2012, in Announcement, campaign, Climate Change, Corporations, dumb candidates, election, ethics, event, government, Legal, News, Opinion, Politics, President Obama, quote, Technology, vote, Warning, Weather, Word from Bill and tagged Barack Obama, Chris Christie, Federal Emergency Management Agency, FEMA, Mitt Romney, New Jersey, Obama, United States. Bookmark the permalink. Comments Off on Suppose Romney was President now, during Sandy….