What in hell is it about Republicans and rape?
A new television ad in Indiana has Romney endorsing Richard Mourdock for Senator in that state. Mourdock, however, has displayed the Republicans‘ opposition to women and the right to choose. In a televised debate with his Democratic opponent Representative Joe Donnelly, he opposed abortion as a choice after rape… why? because God says so:
“Life is that gift from God. I think that even when life begins in that horrible situation of rape, that it is something God intended to happen.”
— Richard Mourdock
So this is a new and compelling reason (if you are a Republican) to leave raped women pregnant whether they want to bear a rapist‘s child or not. And, of course, Romney’s support indicates his actual neoconservative leanings, despite having tried to seem moderate in the last debate.
It’s hard to believe that any of these candidates would top Todd Akin, but Mourdock certainly has.
- Ind. GOP Senate candidate Richard Mourdock: Pregnancy from rape can be ‘something that God intended to happen’ – @washingtonpost (washingtonpost.com)
- Richard Mourdock under fire for rape remarks (politico.com)
- Mourdock: God at work when rape leads to pregnancy (news.yahoo.com)
- Video: Indiana Senate Candidate Richard Mourdock Says Pregnancy is a “Gift From God” Even in Rape (opposingviews.com)
- Indiana Republican: When life begins from rape, “God intended” it (reuters.com)
- GOP U.S. Senate Candidate Calls Rape Pregnancies A ‘Gift From God’ (thinkprogress.org)
- Mourdock: God at work when rape leads to pregnancy (sfgate.com)
- Indiana GOP U.S. Senate candidate Mourdock: rape pregnancies “something that God intended to happen” (blogs.suntimes.com)
Posted on October 24, 2012, in campaign, Congress, dumb candidates, election, ethics, government, Health Care, Legal, News, Opinion, Politics, quote, Religion, Television, Warning, Word from Bill and tagged Democratic Party, God, Indiana, Joe Donnelly, Mourdock, rape, Republican, Richard Mourdock, Romney endorsement. Bookmark the permalink. Comments Off on What in hell is it about Republicans and rape?.