Obama was the clear winner last night…
Without being merely a violent attacker, Obama went after Romney by pointing out the misinformation he passed along in point after point. Obama did it by ultimately being Presidential. Romney screwed up by being non-Presidential (and insulting to America‘s President, a tasteless move.)
I think I agree with Bill Maher in summing up Obama’s performance:
“Obama was decent enough to not piss on the CORPSE”
Obama has completely recovered from the problems with the first debate. He made sure the 47% statement of Romney got into the discussion after Romney tried to tell us that he was supportive of and trying to help the 100%.
“Not true, Governor Romney… not true” was the statement Obama had an ease of coming back with. Did he do an active attack like “liar, liar“? No… he was respectful, something Romney is not capable of.
I’m really looking forward to the third debate.
- Barack Obama Beat Mitt Romney in the 2nd Presidential Debate, 64-36 (forbes.com)
- Winners and losers from the second presidential debate (washingtonpost.com)
- Mitt Romney Brought Every Mitt Romney He Could to the Debate Tonight, and President Obama Destroyed Them All (slog.thestranger.com)
- CBS Poll: Romney Wins 65-34 on Economy; CNN Poll: Romney Wins 54-40 on Economy, 49-46 on Health Care, 51-44 on Taxes, 59-36 on Deficit, 49-46 on Leadership, All in Favor of Romney (minx.cc)
- Obama and Romney Both Face Challenges in Second Presidential Debate (forextv.com)
Posted on October 17, 2012, in campaign, election, ethics, event, government, Legal, Lies, News, Opinion, Politics, President Obama, quote, Television, vote, Word from Bill and tagged attack, Barack Obama, Bill Maher, Candy Crowley, debate, Lies, Mitt Romney, Obama, President of the United States, Romney, United States. Bookmark the permalink. Comments Off on Obama was the clear winner last night….