Daily Archives: October 5, 2012
After listening to Romney accusing the President of not being able to get the unemployment rate below 8.1%, today the newest rate report was released. At 7.8% it’s lowest level since January 2009.
Let’s hear it for the President as the rate came down and jobs, even though just a little (114000 jobs in September), moved up.
Meanwhile, what has Romney done to support his country in helping promote unemployment activity? Why, nothing. Nothing at all.
- Unemployment rate drops to 7.8 percent, lowest in four years (wjla.com)
- Unemployment rate falls to 7.8% (abcactionnews.com)
- The death of a talking point (maddowblog.msnbc.com)
- US unemployment rate falls to 7.8 pct. in September (bostonherald.com)
- Unemployment rate below 8%, but Romney says not enough (politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com)
- 114K new jobs, unemployment drops to 7.8% (cbsnews.com)
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 7.8% (politicalwire.com)
Well, the numbers have moved, for the most part in Romney’s favor. It’s amazing what an evening of lies can bring you.
Here are the latest polls from the battleground states, updated as need throughout the day:
Ohio: Obama 50%, Romney 49% (Rasmussen)
Virginia: Romney 48%, Obama 45% (We Ask America)
***Another Poll Update***
National: Obama 47 Romney 47
Florida: Obama 47 Romney 46
Virginia: Obama 48 Romney 46
(Source: National Journal, NBC/WSJ/Marist)
The question has been raised, however, did Romney cheat on the debate. No pre-written notes were allowed at the presidential debate but a video clip shows Mitt Romney pulling something from his pocket at the start of the debate.
The Romney campaign says it was a handkerchief. Take a look and see what you think:
Looks like Romney blows his nose in paper.
- How the debate changed things (and how it didn’t) (washingtonpost.com)
- Obama plays catch-up after TV debate (bigpondnews.com)
- Obama looking to change debate (bigpondnews.com)
- Obama seeks to change debate (bigpondnews.com)
- Polls: Obama crushing Romney with swing-state Hispanics (thehill.com)
- Three Reasons Romney Lost the Debate, by @DavidOAtkins (digbysblog.blogspot.com)