Monthly Archives: September 2012
Cassy Zobel, a 34 year-old, white democrat who lives in Mckinney Texas, had a rude awakening Friday morning. Her neighbor rang her doorbell to alert her to the vandalism and blatant racism on her property.
Zobel found that someone had covered her Obama/Biden sign, displayed in her yard, with offensive graffiti on both front and back.
I find it interesting that our little suburban city was just named the 2nd best place to live in America. I suppose there should have been a caveat. “Best Place to Live If You’re A Bigoted White, Christian, Anti-Gay Person Who Doesn’t Support Our First African-American President And Hates Everyone Who Does”. That was probably too long a title, though.
– Cassy Zobel
One day we may become a country for everyone.
- Romney supporter in Texas defaces yard sign: ‘N*gger lover… Obama sucks d*ck’ (rawstory.com)
- President Obama Related To First African-American Slave? (mymajicdc.com)
- Race, Obama and the GOP (newsobserver.com)
OK… 42 days to go until election day (although half the states have started early or absentee voting already) and the swing states are still in Obama‘s favor and increasing that way. Here we are today:
Colorado: Obama 51%, Romney 45% (Public Policy Polling)
Wisconsin: Obama 53%, Romney 41% (We Ask America)
If he is going to come back, Romney will have to do something spectacular in the first debate. Many of the pundits think that is hardly likely.
- As Romney stumbles, Obama regains his mojo (washingtonpost.com)
- Poll shows Obama with 10-point lead over Romney among Colorado independents (blogs.denverpost.com)
- Battleground polls seem to give Obama upper hand over Romney (cnn.com)
- POLL: Swing-State Voters Trust Obama Over Romney On Medicare (thinkprogress.org)
- Obama Lead Widens, Michigan Loses Swing State Status (elections.firedoglake.com)
- Poll: Obama gains in swing states (politico.com)
“If you have a foreign address,” the tax return instruction reads, “also complete spaces below.” In the space below, under “foreign country name,” Romney’s form reads “USA.”
Of course, it probably points out how rarely Romney actually fills out income tax forms. If he made the 12 years of forms previously available, maybe we could get a true sense of where Romney comes from.
- Romney Lists USA Under ‘Foreign Country’ on Tax Return (outsidethebeltway.com)
- Mitt Romney Calls the U.S. A “Foreign Country” On His Tax Returns (alan.com)
- Mitt Romney Calls U.S.A. a ‘Foreign Country’ in His Tax Returns (usnews.com)
- Americans Should be Outraged that Romney Pays Only 0.2% in Payroll Taxes (politicususa.com)
- Paul Abrams: What Romney’s Hiding: ‘It’s the Amnesty, Stupid’ (huffingtonpost.com)
Elegance does not equal mistaken idea…
– and –
The major element of this one speech brought Romney’s campaign to a halt…
– and –
And Romney’s image is that of a horse’s ass…
– and –
Kevin Siers in the Charlotte Observer:
Unlike previous wealthy candidates, Romney ignores the average American…
– and –
Mike Luckovich in the Atlanta Journal-Constitution:
So, his image even makes the rich lose hope in his campaign.
- We Built It (Cartoon) (themoderatevoice.com)
- Friday Nite Lite: Party of the First Part (skydancingblog.com)
- Romney Cartoon 6 (goodolewoody.wordpress.com)
An awful lot of folks on line think so. Take a listen:
So seeing Joe up close has an interesting interpretation. What do you think?
- Jill Biden makes a really long penis joke. (aarhusblog.com)
- Jill Biden warms the crowd with accidental dick joke (nosyass.com)
- Giggling Crowd Has Mind In The Gutter During Jill Biden’s Speech (mediaite.com)
- Joe Biden Calls Cheerleaders ‘Best Athletes in College’ (abcnews.go.com)
You can tune in from anywhere in the country… just go to 897wshc.org and click on “listen live”.
And don’t forget, you can call in as well… discuss politics, the arts or anything else…or request an obscure song. We’re on until 1:00 PM (Eastern).
David Twede, a fifth-generation Mormon publishes MormonThink, a Web site which debates church teaching. The site has drawn increased traffic as Mormons turn to the Internet to find answers to controversial questions about Mormon history and traditions that the church does not address.
The church has come under heightened scrutiny with the presidential candidacy of Mitt Romney, a Mormon who once served as a bishop. The church went through a spate of public excommunications of prominent scholars and feminists in the early 1990s, but in recent years public excommunications of dissidents have been rare, church experts said.
Mr. Twede’s situation was first reported on Friday by the Web site The Daily Beast, which suggested that Mr. Twede was being disciplined because he had posted several articles on MormonThink critical of Mr. Romney.
After being interrogated in a church office for 45 minutes, Twede commented:
“They said that they felt I was a spy and a wolf in sheep’s clothing. They said that they need to protect the flock from the Antichrist, from an apostate.”
- Mormon Writer Threatened With Excommunication For Criticizing Romney (alan.com)
- LDS Church denies member may be facing discipline for criticizing Romney (abc4.com)
- Mormons Try to Expel Romney Critic (thedailybeast.com)
- Mormon church threatens to excommunicate member who criticized Romney (rawstory.com)
- “Cease and Desist, Brother Twede”: Mormon Blogger Says Church Officials Threatened Excommunication Over Criticism of Romney and the Church (jonathanturley.org)
- Mitt Romney’s Influence Felt By Mormon Apologist As The Mormon’s Hunt Them Down and Publicly Excommunicate Them (diaryofagaymormonmissionary.com)
- Is Criticizing Mitt Romney an Excommunicable Offense? No. (religiondispatches.org)
- Religious Thugs (sporkinthedrawer.typepad.com)
Outstanding Comedy Series
The Big Bang Theory • CBS • Chuck Lorre Productions, Inc. in association with Warner Bros. Television
Curb Your Enthusiasm • HBO • HBO Entertainment
Girls • HBO • Apatow Productions and I am Jenni Konner Productions in association with HBO Entertainment
Modern Family • ABC • Levitan-Lloyd Productions in association with Twentieth Century Fox Television
30 Rock • NBC • Broadway Video, Little Stranger, Inc. in association with Universal Television
Veep • HBO • Dundee Productions in association with HBO Entertainment
Outstanding Drama Series
Boardwalk Empire • HBO • Leverage, Closest to the Hole Productions, Sikelia Productions and Cold Front
Breaking Bad • AMC • Sony Pictures Television
Downton Abbey • PBS • A Carnival / Masterpiece Co-Production
Game Of Thrones • HBO • Bighead, Littlehead, Generator Productions,
Homeland • Showtime • Showtime Presents, Teakwood Lane Productions, Cherry Pie Productions, Keshet, Fox 21
Mad Men • AMC • Lionsgate Television
Outstanding Miniseries or Movie
American Horror Story • FX Networks • Twentieth Century Fox Television
Game Change • HBO • Playtone and Everyman Pictures in association with HBO Films
Hatfields & McCoys • HISTORY • Thinkfactory Media in association with History
Hemingway & Gellhorn • HBO • Attaboy Films and A Walrus & Associates in
Luther • BBC America • A BBC and BBC America Co-Production
Sherlock: A Scandal In Belgravia (Masterpiece) • PBS • Hartswood West for
Outstanding Variety Series
The Colbert Report • Comedy Central • Hello Doggie, Inc. with Busboy Productions and Spartina Productions
The Daily Show With Jon Stewart • Comedy Central • Central Productions, LLC
Jimmy Kimmel Live • ABC • ABC Studios in association with Jackhole Industries, Inc
Late Night With Jimmy Fallon • NBC • Universal Television and Broadway Video
Real Time With Bill Maher • HBO • Bill Maher Productions and Brad Grey Television in association with HBO
Saturday Night Live • NBC • SNL Studios in association with Universal Television and Broadway Video
Outstanding Variety Special
Betty White’s 90th Birthday: A Tribute To America’s Golden Girl • NBC • Brad Lachman Productions and Universal Television
Kathy Griffin: Tired Hooker • Bravo • Rickmill Productions
Mel Brooks And Dick Cavett Together Again • HBO • Brooksfilms in association with HBO Entertainment
Tony Bennett: Duets II (Great Performances) • PBS • A Production of RPM TV Productions, Inc.
Outstanding Special Class Programs
84th Annual Academy Awards • ABC • Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences
The 69th Annual Golden Globe Awards • NBC • Dick Clark Productions, Inc.
The 54th Annual Grammy Awards • CBS • AEG Ehrlich Ventures, LLC and John Cossette Productions, Inc.
Herbie Hancock, Gustavo Dudamel And The LA Phil Celebrate Gershwin (Great Performances) • PBS
Louis C.K. Live At The Beacon Theatre • FX Networks • Pig Newton, Inc.
65th Annual Tony Awards • CBS • White Cherry Entertainment in association with Tony Award Productions
Outstanding Special Class – Short-format Live-Action Entertainment Programs
Childrens Hospital • Cartoon Network • The Corddry Company, Abominable Pictures and Studio 2.0
The Daily Show Correspondents Explain • thedailyshow.com • Comedy Central Digital Media
Parks And Recreation: April And Andy’s Road Trip • nbc.com • NBC.com | Universal Television
30 Rock: The Webisodes • nbc.com • NBC.com | Universal Television
Web Therapy • lstudio.com • An Is or Isn’t Entertainment production in association with Intelligent Life Productions
The Colbert Report • Episode 7121A • Comedy Central • Hello Doggie, Inc. with Busboy Productions
The Daily Show With Jon Stewart • Episode 17087 • Comedy Central • Central Productions, LLC
Late Show With David Letterman • Episode 3602 • CBS • Worldwide Pants Incorporated
Portlandia • One Moore Episode • IFC • Broadway Video in association with IFC
Saturday Night Live • Host: Mick Jagger • NBC • SNL Studios in association with Universal Television
- The Emmy Nominations Are Out! (new102.cbslocal.com)
- ‘Mad Men’ tries to make Emmy history (cnn.com)
- Emmys 2012: Homeland, Smash, Kathy Bates and Jeremy Davies Among Early Winners (tvline.com)
- And The Emmy Nominees Are … (huffingtonpost.com)
- 2012 Emmy nominees: Jimmy Fallon, Mr. Nice Guy (newyork.newsday.com)
- UPDATE: “Hatfields & McCoys” Receive 16 Emmy Nominations (wsaz.com)
- Emmys 2012: Parker Posey Teaches ‘Emmy Speech Master Class’ Starring Parker Posey (VIDEO) (huffingtonpost.com)
- “Mad Men” and “Horror Story” Lead Emmy Nods (snspost.com)
- 64th Primetime Emmys: The nominees list (marquee.blogs.cnn.com)
In a video on You Tube from May, Romney is seen at a public event talking about alternative energy (which the Republicans in Congress have done everything possible to prevent). When discussing new energy sources new
Liquified Gas. Gosh, Hitler during the Second War I guess, because he was concerned about losing his oil, liquefied coal. That technology is still there. I’m told the Chinese are building five liquefied coal plants right now.
It’s hard to believe that the Mittster cited Hitler in a public address. Then again, it’s hard to believe a lot of things this guy says.
- Mitt Romney: Hitler’s Plan for Liquefied Coal is Good for America (treehugger.com)
- Why Mitt Romney As President Could Destroy Alternative Energy Investing (TAN, FSLR, TSL, UNG, USO) (etfdailynews.com)
- How a Romney Presidency Could Destroy Alternative Energy Investing (insidermonkey.com)
- Obama, Romney out of gas on energy (cnn.com)
Yesterday afternoon, Paul Ryan addressed the AARP’s National Annual Conference in New Orleans. The GOP vice presidential candidate attacked Obamacare for taking $716 billion out of Medicare — the very same cuts he included in his budget by the way — and made the case for transforming seniors’ health care from a guaranteed benefit into a premium support “voucher” program.
So what do you think the response was? Well, it didn’t go over with the audience. Take a look at this clip:
It’s a good thing senior citizens are part of the 47% and Ryan and Romney don’t have to worry about them.
- Paul Ryan to Defend Medicare Plan at AARP (abcnews.go.com)
- Paul Ryan to seniors: Obamacare threatens Medicare (politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com)
- Barack Obama: Paul Ryan’s Medicare plan “could raise future retirees’ costs more than $6,000.” (politifact.com)
- Obama jabs Romney at AARP: ‘Medicare and Social Security are not handouts’ (leanforward.msnbc.com)
It was said that she had the most recognizable female voice in the country. She was the “weather girl” on the long-running NBC radio show “Monitor” in the late 1950s and early ’60s. Tedi Thurman came on and in soft, sexy tones she lured us into rapture with “Cleveland, 34, snow; Boston, 41, cloudy; Phoenix, 62, fair; New York City, 43, sunny; Paris, 38, cloudy.”
She always led her weather report with Atlanta because Georgia was her home state, according to Dennis Hart, author of “Monitor: The Last Great Radio Show” (2002). Monitor was created by Pat Weaver (father of Sigourney Weaver), then president of NBC, in 1955. I remember it well. It filled my weekends from 8 a.m Saturdays until midnight on Sundays.
Ms. Thurman, who died on Monday at 89, made the forecasts “sound like an irresistible invitation to an unforgettable evening,” according to Jack Gould in The New York Times right after the show’s premiere.
Monitor became a hit with hosts like Dave Garroway, Hugh Downs, Frank Blair, Gene Rayburn, Henry Morgan and Bill Cullen, and offeried an array of news, sports, comedy, variety, music and live remote pickups from around the nation and the world. For the first six of the show’s 20 years, Ms. Thurman was featured as the so-called Miss Monitor, updating the weather hour after hour.
Decades after she’d left the show, people at parties and gatherings would still ask her to do the weather in the sexy Miss Monitor voice.
First Thoughts on NBC put this out last night:
“Idaho and South Dakota today are the first states to begin early-in-person voting. Also today, absentee voting begins in Minnesota, West Virginia, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Georgia, Arkansas, Idaho, and Maryland. This brings the total number of states already accepting ballots to 12. Thirteen additional states (South Carolina, New Jersey, Maine, Michigan, Mississippi, New Hampshire, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont, Delaware, Virginia, Louisiana, and Missouri) will begin absentee or early voting on Saturday.”
So by tomorrow, half the country will be casting votes (battleground states in bold): AR, DE, GA, ID, IN, KY, LA, ME, MD, MI, MN, MO, MS, NH, NJ, NC, OK, SC, SD, TN, TX, VT, VA, WV, WI.
- Which States are Already Voting? (politicalwire.com)
- States gear up for early, absentee voting (upi.com)
- First Thoughts: Obama’s battleground edge grows (firstread.nbcnews.com)
- Daugaard urges troops to register to vote (rapidcityjournal.com)
- 46 Days Out, Absentee Voting Begins In Minnesota (minnesota.cbslocal.com)
- Ready, Set, Vote! Early Voting Begins (abcnews.go.com)
- Campaigns court early voters; Will it matter? (cbsnews.com)
- ‘Election Day’ Begins Tomorrow In Two States (sweetness-light.com)
President Obama’s campaign released a new video made up entirely out-of-context clips of Mitt Romney, intended to show how the Romney campaign’s attack on Obama’s 14 year old “redistribution” comment was unfair. The Romneyites have been releasing Obama’s old statements without including the complete context, thus making him criticizable. If the same thing is done to Romney, the results change the Republican’s entire campaign.
- Mitt Romney’s dad was on welfare (dailykos.com)
- Watch: Obama on Mitt Romney Fundraising Tapes (abcnews.go.com)
- Team Obama releases tongue-in-cheek video taking Romney out of context (thehill.com)
- Best Ad Ever: Obama Schools Romney on Being Taken Out of Context (politicususa.com)
- Ann Romney Will Inevitably Annoy Voters, Says Mitt Romney (jezebel.com)
- The Media Busts Mitt Romney for Trying to Breitbart Them on Redistribution (politicususa.com)
- Romney Campaign Puts Up, Then Almost Immediately Takes Down, a Video Titled “Mitt Doesn’t Disdain the Poor” (slog.thestranger.com)
That is not Willard’s usual look, is it? It looks … browner.
As though Romney was doing Ace Ventura: “In order to win the Mexican … you must BE the Mexican!”.
Or as though Romney was still thinking “Sure would be easier if I were Mexican”.
Or maybe he just had a secret meeting with John Boehner and John is just rubbing off on him.
But I think this is just the pander-o-matic performing its usual function. Even Willard’s skin is inauthentic. The witty NegSpin dubs this “Tandering”, and I agree.
Of course, we all know Mitt will try anything to get past the gaffe-loaded problems with his campaign… and to get Latinos why not look like a Latino?
What happens if he speaks to the NAACP?
- Romney Says it Would be Helpful to be Latino (politicalwire.com)
- Race Matters: Money Mitt Romney Says He Would Have An Easier Chance Becoming President If He Were Mexican (bossip.com)
- Mitt Romney ‘Dyed His Face Brown’ to Appeal to Latino Voters [Conspiracy Theory] (gawker.com)
- Romney’s Latino comment met with humor (abc15.com)
- 5 Ways Mitt Romney Has Stirred Up Race Resentment (alternet.org)
The President’s Veterans Job Corps Act of 2012 would have spent $1 billion over five years to put veterans to work tending to federal lands, and in the nation’s police and fire departments. Created by Sen. Patty Murray (D-WA), it was based on FDR’s Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC). Republicans say they opposed the bill because there is no proof that it would work. Forty Republican members of the United States Senate betrayed veterans when they decided that denying President Obama a victory was more important than spending $1 billion to create jobs for vets.
It doesn’t matter to most Senate Republicans that the CCC put 2.5 million people to work. When confronted with an actual jobs program for America’s vets, including the 220,000 who served in Iraq and Afghanistan, the majority of Republicans claimed the plan, which was already offset, was too expensive.
This is all part of Mitch McConnell’s stated goal to let Obama accomplish nothing. In so doing, he has made America worse. Here’s hoping vets in Kentucky make sure he loses the election.
- Meet the 40 Senate Republicans Who Betrayed Veterans By Killing $1 Billion in Jobs (politicususa.com)
- Senate Republicans kill veterans jobs bill (dailykos.com)
- G.O.P. Blocks Veteran Jobs Bill (takingnote.blogs.nytimes.com)
- Republicans Axe Veterans’ Jobs Bill, Prove Zero Interest In Job Creation (addictinginfo.org)
- Senate veterans jobs bill held hostage by crazy person (dailykos.com)
- Blame It on Mitch (thedailybeast.com)
- Taking Note: Republicans Obstruct Veterans Job Corps Act (takingnote.blogs.nytimes.com)
- Jobs bill for veterans stalled by partisan fight (bangordailynews.com)
And, from the 25th Anniversary TV special, here are four different Jean Valjeans singing “Bring Him Home“. The first soloist, Colm Wilkinson — the original Jean Valjean — will be playing the Bishop of Digne in the Les Misérables movie. Truly magnificent!
Colm Wilkinson is worth the whole gig!
- Musical Monday. Les Misérables. (thedailydrift.wordpress.com)
- BREAKING NEWS: LES MISERABLES Movie Release Pushed Back to Christmas Day! (broadwayworld.com)
- Universal moves Les Miserables to Christmas day (canada.com)
- LES MISERABLES – Behind the Scenes Video with Eddie Redmayne (geektyrant.com)
This was from late yesterday. It will probably change over the next couple of weeks, but which direc tion it will change is unsure.
A new USA Today/Gallup Poll of twelve swing states shows President Obama leading Mitt Romney by just two points, 48% to 46%
Colorado: Obama 48%, Romney 47% (Quinnipiac/CBS News/NYT)
Florida: Obama 49%, Romney 44% (Fox News)
Ohio: Obama 49%, Romney 42% (Fox News)
Michigan: Obama 52%, Romney 44% (CNN/ORC)
Pennsylvania: Obama 50%, Romney 41% (Morning Call/Muhlenberg)
Virginia: Obama 50%, Romney 46% (Quinnipiac/CBS News/NYT)
Virginia: Obama 49%, Romney 46% (We Ask America)
Virginia: Obama 50%, Romney 43% (Fox News)
Wisconsin:Obama 51%, Romney 45% (Quinnipiac/CBS News/NYT)
Wisconsin: Obama 54%, Romney 40% (Marquette Law School)
I guess the one that really surprises me is the size of Obama’s lead in Virginia, as I am constantly seeing the Virginia Republican ads on our local WV stations.
I can’t tell you how much your sympathy and suggestions meant to me. Just getting through this part of my life is so difficult. This poor old fatman (22 pounds down on my diet in the second month) has to come to some kind of way of extending his purpose.
I’m not sure I’ll ever be able to direct theatre again… can’t get to rehearsals and can’t find a theatre group that might want to do one of my experimental pieces. That is pretty depressing, too, having been creating such events since 1967.
Oh well… lots of blog writing to do what with a big election coming up (that’s how this blog started years ago)…at least that exercises my mind.
That video from the secret fundraiser is sure providing tons of revelations of the presidential talents of Mitt Romney – or the fact that there are no such talents present.
Here is a statement that gives us a real view of how he sees tyhe middle east:
“If I were Iran – a crazed fanatic, I’d say let’s get a little fissile material to Hezbollah, have them carry it to Chicago, and then if anything goes wrong, or America starts acting up, we’ll just say, “Guess what? Unless you stand down, why, we’re going to let off a dirty bomb. I mean this is where we have – where America could be held up and blackmailed by Iran, by the mullahs, by crazy people. So we don’t have any option but to keep Iran from having a nuclear weapon.”
– Mitt Romney
Hey… I’ll bet he’ll start another war if he gets the chance. Let’s not give it to him.
- Magazine: Romney suggested Iran could threaten Chicago with ‘dirty bomb’ – Chicago Sun-Times (suntimes.com)
- Romney Wants To Attack Iran To Prevent A Dirty Bomb (thedailybeast.com)
- Hidden Camera Video Shows Mitt Romney Is A Dangerously Gullible Mark (mediaite.com)
- Mitt Romney does not understand how one creates a “dirty bomb” (boingboing.net)
- Hidden Camera Video: Romney on Iran, Israel-Palestine (antiwar.com)
- SECRET VIDEO: On Israel, Romney Trashes Two-State Solution (motherjones.com)
- Magazine: Romney suggested Iran could threaten Chicago with ‘dirty bomb’ (suntimes.com)
- Mitt Romney struggles to keep on track as further video revelations emerge (telegraph.co.uk)
I’m now in the sixth week or so of being trapped in the house, unable to go anywhere, no longer living the life I had been used to. Even in this highly medicated, lonely situation I’ve had two smaller seizures which means I probably won’t be allowed to drive or bicycle or anything in 6 months as the doctors had specified (there’s a state law!) I have to go seizure free for half a year and they will assume the meds work.
“Don’t you have any friends who want to take you somewhere?” says my wife on her way to work. I make a couple of phonecalls, get answering machines, and still don’t hear from anyone. I used to be able to drive around Shepherdstown and visit folks at The Folly and at Mellow Moods or walking up and down German Street. Now I just sit and think about it.
“Don’t you do crossword puzzles?” my Mother asked the other day. I don’t. I don’t want to. I read and write this blog and endured endless hours of news programs showing Romney’s gaffes – not as entertaining as they originally were.
So here I am waiting for my cell phone to ring, or waiting for e-mail to arrive or for someone to knock on the door wanting to see how I was doing. Unfortunately, I no longer think it will happen.
- Bet You don’t Know Who’s Depressed? (mypreretirementmusings.wordpress.com)
- A personal note – I’m living in considerable fear… (underthelobsterscope.wordpress.com)
- A Seizure (maggiemendus.wordpress.com)
Huffington Post is now reporting the debate will be on October 6 at 8 pm ET. There will be a fee ($4.95) for the livestream, with half the proceeds going to charity. HuffPo has a video of O’Reilly announcing the debate, and Stewart has also made an announcement.
- Bill O’Reilly and Jon Stewart to debate (politico.com)
- Jon Stewart, Bill O’Reilly to Debate (abcnews.go.com)
- Jon Stewart to debate Bill O’Reilly on October 6 (piedtype.com)
- Fox News’ O’Reilly announces 90 min. debate with Jon Stewart (theblaze.com)
- Video: Jon Stewart to Debate Bill O’Reilly Oct. 6 (boiseweekly.com)
- Bill O’Reilly To Take On Jon Stewart In Mock Presidential Debate (m.deadline.com)
“I’m dreaming of a white president.” 🙂
Newman, who is white, is openly supporting President Barack Obama. He says he wants the public to find comedic relief in the song, but to also know he’s serious about his thoughts that racism is well and alive in the world — and in the current presidential race. He called racism ‘‘the great issue of this country.’’
- Randy Newman mocks racists with ‘I’m dreaming of a white president’ song (thegrio.com)
- Randy Newman’s New Song: I’m Dreaming of a White President (littlegreenfootballs.com)
- Randy Newman writes new satirical, political song (seattletimes.com)
- Randy Newman writes new satirical, political song (cnsnews.com)
Romney better take a good look st the Republican south when insulting half of their population.
- Dear Republicans Defending Romney’s 47% Remarks: He Was Talking About You (politicususa.com)
- The other 47 percent (newsobserver.com)
- Who Are Mitt Romney’s 47%? – Politics – The Atlantic Wire (theatlanticwire.com)
- Mitt Romney Attempts To Explain Himself After Insulting 47% Of Americans (perezhilton.com)
- Romney was right – the 47% will never vote for him (illinoisreview.typepad.com)
- Romney and the 47 per cent (blogs.ft.com)
- VIDEO: Mitt Romney Responds to ’47 Percent’ Comment, Says It Wasn’t “Elegantly Stated” (foxnewsinsider.com)
“Running for president in the YouTube era, you realize you have to be very judicious in what you say. You have to be careful with your humor. You have to recognize that anytime you’re running for the presidency of the United States, you’re on.”
Of course, when you have secret fundraisers with the wealthy you may not consider yourself “on.” It’s when you are put there against your knowledge that you should realize that there is no time when you aren’t “on.”
As to being judicious in what he says, we haven’t seen that level of control yet. What this portends for the debates is anyone’s guess.
- Full transcript from leaked video of Mitt Romney fund-raiser – @NBCNews (firstread.nbcnews.com)
- Secretly filmed video of Mitt Romney, apparently at fundraiser, reveals unguarded views (boston.com)
- Carter grandson arranged Romney video’s release (onlineathens.com)
- Clint Eastwood Blames Romney for Being Dumb Enough to Let Him on Stage (politicususa.com)
- Romney Denigrates Obama Voters, Talks Candidly with Millionaires at Private Fundraiser: VIDEOS (towleroad.com)
- The Secret Romney Video, in full. Watch it now…. (redgreenandblue.org)
- What Mitt Romney and Kate Middleton Have in Common (nymag.com)
- If These Secret Videos Are Real, They Look Brutal For Mitt Romney (businessinsider.com)
- Twitter Tuesday: Every time a Romney shambles… (velociriot.org)