Conservatives upset with Romney as he promotes Romneycare..
Romney is flip-flopping again.
His campaign is moving in a new direction on healthcare. Mitt Romney praised the health care law he signed as governor of Massachusetts – the model for Obama’s health plan. This has drawn swift and strong rebuke from .
In an interview with NBC News, Romney said:
“I got everybody in my state insured. One hundred percent of the kids in our state had health insurance. I don’t think there’s anything that shows more empathy and care about the people of this country than that kind of record.”
Of course Romney has attacked President Obama’s similar law, which extends insurance coverage to millions of uninsured people across the country – especially kids. Romney says he will repeal Obama’s law lock, stock and barrel, and replace it with vaguer reforms that would potentially leave more people uninsured by removing the ban on preexisting condition discrimination.
Democrats love it when Romney talks about Romneycare, using it to paint him as a hypocrite on health care reform. Conservatives, on the other hand, hate it. When a Romney staffer spoke positively about Romney’s health care law last month, conservative commentators said it “just might be the moment Romney lost the election.”
- Whatcha Talking About Willard? Massachusetts health care law is proof of empathy? Isnt that what You are Running Against Obama? This is getting Insane…Risking Conservative Ire, Romney Touts Romneycare. (sunsetdaily.wordpress.com)
- Mitt Romney Gives His Strongest Embrace Yet Of Romneycare, Which Could Ignite Conservative Fury (businessinsider.com)
- Mitt Cites Romneycare as Evidence of His ‘Empathy,’ Steps Up Obamacare Attack (nymag.com)
- Facepalm: Romney says Romneycare demonstrates his ’empathy and care’ (twitchy.com)
- And Mitt Romney Reverses Field Once Again on Health Care Reform… (delong.typepad.com)
- The New Romney Health Plan for the Poor… (underthelobsterscope.wordpress.com)
- Romney’s Advice To The Uninsured: Go To The ER (kaystreet.wordpress.com)
- To show empathy for the middle class, Mitt Romney touts his socialist health care law (freakoutnation.com)
Posted on September 27, 2012, in campaign, dumb candidates, election, ethics, government, Health Care, history, Interview, Lies, News, Opinion, Politics, President Obama, quote, vote, Warning, Word from Bill and tagged Barack Obama, Massachusetts, Massachusetts health care reform, Mitt Romney, NBC, NBC News, Obama, Romney. Bookmark the permalink. 3 Comments.